C300 to E350

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 10:16 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
bmw
C300 to E350

Hi
I own a 2008 C300 and love the car. But with two car seats in the back things are getting a bit tight.

So I've heard there are good deals to be had on a 2008 or 2009 E350. Two questions for the experts in this forum.

1) I currently have the C-300 Luxury. On the C class there is a noticeable difference in the ride between the lux and sport models. My dealer is telling me that in the E-class there is very little to no difference between the Lux and the Sport. All things being equal I would love to get the sport, however I drive a lot and prefer softer suspensions. So is there really no difference between the two models when it comes to the E series ?

2) What are the major differences between 2008 and 2009. One I know of is that the 2009 Nav has traffic info and the 2008 doesn't.

Thanks.
Old 04-27-2009, 10:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E350
I own a E350 Sport and has the sport suspension and 18" rims, so the ride is a little harder compared to the Lux.
Old 04-30-2009, 05:32 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
It will be a harder ride than the Lux, but it's still crafted as a Luxury car, so it won't be nearly as hard and non-dampened as the C Sport suspsension.

IMO the Lux is toooo soft and rolly-poly.

You'll be very happy with the E over the C in terms of luxury amongst other things.

I think the differences with '09's are mainly in the upgraded Command, and you get an AMG Package standard (no charge) which makes it the clear winner in my book.
Old 05-01-2009, 01:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E320
If you are upgrading to a w211, I have one very important word for you:

2007-2009 MERCEDES BENZ W211 AMG. OK, maybe more than one word.

Take it from me. I bought an E320 a few months back, now I'm looking to trade in for an E55 AMG.
Old 05-01-2009, 10:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 E350 Sport 4Matic - P2 & Drivers Assist / 2010 C300 Sport 4Matic - P2 / 2013 Porsche Cayenne S
Originally Posted by wildcard011
1) I currently have the C-300 Luxury. On the C class there is a noticeable difference in the ride between the lux and sport models. My dealer is telling me that in the E-class there is very little to no difference between the Lux and the Sport. All things being equal I would love to get the sport, however I drive a lot and prefer softer suspensions. So is there really no difference between the two models when it comes to the E series ?
I went from a C to an E and the difference is night and day. Go and drive and E and you'll see how light the steering is compared to the C. And you'll also notice more power and less kick-downs when you accelerate to over take. I have the luxury edition of the E-Class because I prefer the softer ride also and its very nice. My only complaints are the seats whenever I decide I'm gonna let loose every once in a while. They have no bolstering what so ever so you tend to slide around in the corners which is very annoying but that happened to me in the C-Class also. The sport edition of the E-Class does have a more tighter suspension but I've never driven it so I can't tell you much about that.

2) What are the major differences between 2008 and 2009. One I know of is that the 2009 Nav has traffic info and the 2008 doesn't.
Get the 2009. It has a lot of things for free that the previous model years didn't have. Among other things the 2009 MY car have the new COMMAND system in them with real-time traffic updates and blue-tooth is standard on the car. For previous model years you could not get those things for free (or at all).
Old 05-01-2009, 10:46 PM

bmw
thanks a lot guys for the input. I have made up my mind to go with the E350 4Matic, P1 + Sport.

Next step is to get a good deal on the car, I'm in the NJ area and have posted the best deal I've been able to get so far in a new thread. Please let me know if you know of any dealerships that might be able to do better.

thanks
Old 05-01-2009, 10:56 PM

2011 E350 Sport 4Matic - P2 & Drivers Assist / 2010 C300 Sport 4Matic - P2 / 2013 Porsche Cayenne S
thanks a lot guys for the input. I have made up my mind to go with the E350 4Matic, P1 + Sport.

Next step is to get a good deal on the car, I'm in the NJ area and have posted the best deal I've been able to get so far in a new thread. Please let me know if you know of any dealerships that might be able to do better.

thanks
Congrats ! You will not regret it I'm in Jersey also (Essex County) and I'll be happy to give you the name of my dealer. I don't know if he will be able to give you the best price for the car but at least you can be sure he's not going to rip you off. You need to hurry though because nobody is getting any more W211 and the W212 are not on the lots yet. My dealer was telling me that he only has a certain interior/exterior color combinations left and if the customer doesn't like it he can't get the car desired car for them anymore.
Old 05-03-2009, 07:59 AM

bmw
Originally Posted by LaicepsYdobon
Congrats ! You will not regret it I'm in Jersey also (Essex County) and I'll be happy to give you the name of my dealer. I don't know if he will be able to give you the best price for the car but at least you can be sure he's not going to rip you off. You need to hurry though because nobody is getting any more W211 and the W212 are not on the lots yet. My dealer was telling me that he only has a certain interior/exterior color combinations left and if the customer doesn't like it he can't get the car desired car for them anymore.
Thanks for your dealer contact LaicepsYdobon, yesterday I went to another dealership close to where I live and struck a deal with the salesman. Had my eye set on a White C350 4MATIC with P1 and Sports. Everything was done, signed papers, and then went home to get title for the trade in (C300), came back to pickup car. Salesman brought some finall papers out and then we realized that they had switched cars on me (VIN number changed) on papers I was signing now. What they did is switched cars with the floor model even though I had explicitly told him in the morning I don't want the floor model. Salesman went on and on with excuses and never admitted the car he was giving me was the floor model and insisted that the floor model was bought by a different customer. Finally we went to the car that was prepped for me and found the stock # sticker which was stuck on the car floor model when we originally saw it. While prepping I guess they pulled it off the window and stuck it in the dash. This confirmed that it was the floor model car.

Long story short, I walked away from the deal, most disappointing experience ever. This dealership has lost all credibility, I was at Prestige MB on Route 17 NJ.

The sad part is that if the salesman had just come out with the truth and told me straight out that for whatever reason they were selling me the floor model I would have bought it. There was nothing wrong with the car.
Old 05-04-2009, 11:45 AM

That is terrible. I would definitely would not have expected that from an MB dealer. I think you did the right thing and not end up taking that car. I would never even go back to that dealership. Give my guy a call, he will definitely not pull this kind of crap on you.