E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Beware of BuyMBparts.com

Old 05-02-2009, 04:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 E63, 2006 C55
Beware of BuyMBparts.com

I wanted to pass along a warning about this website, I don't know if they are a sponsor here, but they recently tried to reneg on a refund and swindle me.

I bought some routine stuff in back in March, air filters, oil filters, drain washers, and wiper blades at good prices. Their website had an error and I ended up with wrong wiper blades. I called when they came in, I was asked to ship them back for a return, I did so promptly at my expense, but they never sent me a refund. The return amount was a whopping $36.33.

I started calling them weekly, for over a month, even offered for them to just send me the correct blades. They initially blew me off with "the check is in the mail", and then stopped returning my calls. Emails were replied to with "the check is in the mail", but no check ever came.

This outfit had no intention of refunding my money or replacing the blades until I contacted my credit card last week and had them withhold payment for the entire order. When challenged, I miraculeously had a check in hand within 72 hours for more than I was owed.

I know the economy is bad, but avoid this outfit like the plague, they are not legit at all.

Last edited by NCE500; 05-02-2009 at 04:55 PM. Reason: typo
Old 05-03-2009, 12:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
07 E350 4Matic / Sport with P1
Originally Posted by NCE500
I know the economy is bad, but avoid this outfit like the plague, they are not legit at all.
I was just making a list for them too...thank you very much for the info/warning!
Old 05-03-2009, 02:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
Its amazing that a Company realizes the "power of the www" in getting customers, but completely forgets that on the same web, mistreated customers can do big damage to that same company just by "telling their friends" just how they were treated... be it good or bad.

In Business, "The web" is one place where you want to be as fair and above-board as you possibly can.
Old 05-03-2009, 01:18 PM

make sure you post this in all forums. This will really hurt their sales and help mbworld enthusiasts.
Old 05-03-2009, 01:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 198 Likes on 177 Posts
'07 GL320CDI, '10 CL550
This is a longtime, very reliable company and this is surely an isolated incident. It's probably the only nondealer in the USA that can get you ANY genuine Mercedes part, usually at better price.
Old 05-03-2009, 02:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
I wouldn't let this affect your choice of vendor. If you're nervous about dealing with them, call Rusty or the "Jabba" first and talk to them about any concerns before you order. I have no affiliation, but they are pretty reputable among MBCA members.
Old 05-03-2009, 03:02 PM

2007 E63, 2006 C55
RE: BuyMBPArts.com

I don't generally repost, but this was not an isolated incident.

BuyMBParts.com tried to wear me down by repeatedly blowing me off, then ignoring me, for over a month after committing to return $$ to me for shipping incorrect parts.

They only returned my money after they were called on it by my credit card company. Had I not done so, I would still be waiting for that refund.

This was a repeated behavior pattern which is why I took the time to post it here for the community.
Old 05-03-2009, 08:20 PM

2012 S350 Bluetec
I had good luck with parts.com. Looked up the part # in epc and plugged it into their website. Parts were all genuine MB shipped from a dealer in Miami.
Prices are 32-34% off MB list and way better than BuyMBparts.com.
Old 05-03-2009, 11:33 PM

07 E350 4Matic / Sport with P1
This one isolated instance has caused me to question whether or not the same thing might happen to me. Translated, it means that I can't trust them. Ordinarily, "one" instance shouldn't cause me to feel that way. However, the detailed description of the several times NCE500 got jerked around - does.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
Originally Posted by FWhite
I had good luck with parts.com. Looked up the part # in epc and plugged it into their website. Parts were all genuine MB shipped from a dealer in Miami.
Prices are 32-34% off MB list and way better than BuyMBparts.com.
And there's a thread on the AMG forums about bad service from parts.com. Several people responded saying never use parts.com. And so it goes. Moral of the story: be an educated consumer but do realize sh*t happens anywhere and everywhere and to anybody....

"ordered from parts.com first, and what they do is just cancel your order with no notification, and as well they don't credit your credit card until you e mail them 7 times and dial their number that doesn't work 24 times. They failed twice, they do not up date there prices and the dealers in there network refuse to sell the parts at parts.com's advertised price. One other thing parts.com charges shipping in my case it was over $100 and the part was to come from a dealer 12 miles away from me, I found this out from my credit card company. Use parts.com at your own risk."
Old 05-04-2009, 04:21 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2000 SL500
Originally Posted by 220S
I wouldn't let this affect your choice of vendor. If you're nervous about dealing with them, call Rusty or the "Jabba" first and talk to them about any concerns before you order. I have no affiliation, but they are pretty reputable among MBCA members.
NOTE:"I have no affiliation with either of the two vendors that I am about to discuss."

1) I have personally delt with Rusty Cullens, 800-741-5252 at BuyMBparts.com and have had NO problems with any of my transactions and recently received a great 'Special' total price of $355.10 for four Bilstein HD struts/shocks for my 2000 SL. Note: I was charged no shipping, handling, or taxes. And you guys know that that stuff isn't light in weight. FWIW, that same purchase could of easily been another $125.00. In the above case I would've personaly spoke with Rusty to resolve the dispute. Please read BuyMBparts TERMS AND CONDITIONS and the Return Policy and FWIW I've noticed 'at most sites returns are credited within 30 days of receipt of return'.

"I have to admit that the site developer could have done a better job at choosing a different color, like white, in order to make the Policies easier to read."

2) I have, on several occassions, utilized Parts.com and have been VERY satisfied, especially with the total prices. BTW, I've watched them go through various Policy changes and this is what I have learned. Example: please read Shipping and Returns

At Parts.com you need to add 15% to every price that you see in order to realize the Total price. And it's very important for you to know that there is a minimum shipping charge of $10.99+$2.00 handling for all orders. So make sure you order at least $73.27 worth of merchanidise. And I wish they had a phone number to call. (They didn't, they did, and now they don't again.)

When dealing with ANY internet site please consider the following.

NOTE: ALWAYS supply your VIN, no matter what, when ordering.

1) ALWAYS take shipping, handling. and possible State tax charges into account when calculating your savings.
2) ALWAYS read the web sites Policies, Terms and Conditions, Returns, FAQ's, etc.
3) Be sure and save the delivery label on the outside of the box as well as any inside shipping label. This will show you which M-B Dealer sent the parts to you so that you can contact them first rather than Parts.com.
4) I think we all know that our credit card company will support us if we have tried to do the right thing first.
Old 05-04-2009, 11:27 AM

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
2003 E500, 2004 G35X
Good service is when you have problem with an order AND that order is resolved to your satisfaction, PROMPTLY! This is the true test of a good service. Car parts apart, I am a audio and camera buff as well. The best website to shop is B&H, located in NYC. Not only their prices are good, not the cheapest, but their service is the best I have ever experienced, regardless of any products or websites. A couple of years back, I order a simple cd player and the tray refused to open. I called B&H and promptly they approved the return and PAID for the return freight, not to mention a sincere apology from the customer service! I have order thousands of dollars worth of equipment from them for the past 15 years, and I only wish other online merchants are half as good!

This MB seller obviously does not train/hire their people well. Price is not everything. Customer satisfaction is the most important criteria.
Old 10-16-2009, 11:15 AM

36 of them
I've known Rusty Cullens for about 10 years. The same goes for Gary Hurst.

The two were business partners until January 2009. Since then, they've had a somewhat amicable divorce.

You'll find that if you call the 1-800 number, you get Rusty (or Tom).
If you hit the website, you get Gary.

They are two separate entities, I think you can figure out from the comments here on the thread which one is which.

Pax -CTH
PS. I'm a newbie here; yes, I registered just to be able to say that.
Old 10-18-2009, 03:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 E550, 2012 GL450, 2014 GLK350, 2015 S550, 2020 GLC350e
Problem with any online store and they blow you off .. DISPUTE IT.

I use my AMEX all the time and AMEX has never taken the vendor's side when I've been blown off. end of story.
Old 10-18-2009, 08:06 AM

36 of them
yes, I concur. I too love Amex because they are great with customer service (worth that annual fee they charge).

It's especially helpful with paypal when you have vendor troubles.

-CTH
Old 10-17-2010, 10:58 AM
ON SUSPENSION

Quite a few:)
buymbparts.com isn't Gary or Rusty anymore..given the current owner I wouldn't reccomend it.
Having worked for both of Rusty and Gary I would lean towards utilizing the website http://www.buyeuroparts.com

I Know you'll find Gary to be knowledgeable, helpful and understanding. Should you have a technical question that he doesn't know chances are you'll get an indirect response from me. He does his utmost to provide people with a service you won't find @ the Autohaus's of the world.

Just my 2..!

Jonathan
Old 10-17-2010, 02:57 PM

36 of them
Hmm, old thread. Time for a little updating.

Gary sold off the buymbparts dot com address in a fit of pique (and he needed the dough) out from under Rusty. It wasn't a nice thing to do.

These days, Rusty can be found at www.buymbparts.biz
Feel free to friend him on facebook.

HTH -CTH
Old 06-14-2013, 12:16 PM

2004 E320 Wagon , 1973 280ce , 1969 280se
Any recent updates about the new owner who bought Rusty out in March 2013....?
Old 06-14-2013, 04:48 PM

36 of them
As the poor soul who kept Rusty's website alive from the time Gary trashed it until Rusty sold out, I have somewhat unique perspective on that history.

The new owner, Trevor, is a nice guy. He and I spoke with him after the switch to confirm a detail or two of the site mgmnt. If his phone attitude translates to good customer service, time will tell. I have ordered exactly one part since the switch over and I got it like next day. I certainly have no complaints so far.

HTH -CTH
PS. hmm. This is my 5th post at this forum and all are on this thread.
Old 06-14-2013, 04:54 PM
ON SUSPENSION

Originally Posted by cth350
Hmm, old thread. Time for a little updating.

Gary sold off the buymbparts dot com address in a fit of pique (and he needed the dough) out from under Rusty. It wasn't a nice thing to do.

These days, Rusty can be found at www.buymbparts.biz
Feel free to friend him on facebook.

HTH -CTH
That's pretty funny considering Rusty never owned the domain...LOLZ.

It wasn't nice of Rusty to threaten to kill Gary's kid either, but hey..what can you do!
Old 06-16-2013, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by 67300se5spd
Any recent updates about the new owner who bought Rusty out in March 2013....?
The guy is named Trent, had a horrible experience with buymbparts.biz

The guy is dishonest & incompetent. more details to follow
Old 06-16-2013, 12:57 PM

2004 E320 Wagon , 1973 280ce , 1969 280se
Originally Posted by willy2004
The guy is named Trent, had a horrible experience with buymbparts.biz

The guy is dishonest & incompetent. more details to follow
Hurry up and give up the details.....I'm waiting since May 23rd for parts that I paid for on that date....I'm fed up and need to know what my next move should be.....
Old 06-16-2013, 03:23 PM
ON SUSPENSION

All the people I have sent to Gary have reported back w/ nothing but glowing reviews and thanks...

Should you have difficulties I will step in and get things done/taken care of... A very easy offer for me as I know it won't ever be necessary.

Jonathan
Old 06-16-2013, 04:52 PM

bicycle
i am most upset at CTH350

charles hart has made it some kind of hobby of his to go around the internet slandering me. it is disturbing, to say the least, and i only post this here as i no longer have an active email address for him. i don't wish to enter into some ugly public spitting contest. in terms of what i do, i am one of the best in the world and anyone who wishes to learn more about what i do, or discuss any matter, is welcomed to contact me privately. below is the email i tried to send to charles hart regarding his continued vicious slander of me:

you continue to slander me on matters you know nothing about without even
the slightest effort to gain my side on things, which is entirely
inconsistent with your communications with me before you went on this
campaign.

i asked a mutual friend of mine what could possibly motivate you to behave
in this manner and he just laughed at said "rusty gives him free parts to
do it." i appeal to you on a human level to consider this last
correspondence between us and hopefully reconsider your commitment to being
a fiend towards me:

Charles T Hart <cth350@verizon.net>
10/26/09

to me

Gary,

I am a middle of the road guy, considering myself a friend of yours and a
friend of Rusty's (and even a friend of Richard's).

I have been helping Rusty get him back on top of things, but yes, anything
you tell me is in strict confidence. Likewise, I need to keep Rusty's
stuff private.

I'm not a web guy. I'm not the right guy for doing IT support, which is why
my helping Rusty will be short term at best.

I've never been a fan of the worldpac system. I've purchased parts through
it from Rock Auto (for my suburban), but I've never put an order into it
for anything else. I can't speak to it's worth to anybody, it's worth
nothing to me.

If I can give you a hand, please feel free to ask.

Thx -CTH
Old 06-17-2013, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by jhodg5kc
All the people I have sent to Gary have reported back w/ nothing but glowing reviews and thanks...

Should you have difficulties I will step in and get things done/taken care of... A very easy offer for me as I know it won't ever be necessary.

Jonathan

The guy I'm talking about is Trent at buymbparts.biz

bottom line: he is incompetent, inexperienced, and dishonest.

The details of my story will likely bore you......fortunately I paid with credit card, so I'm not out any coin - but I suspect he's trying to rip off my credit card company.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Beware of BuyMBparts.com