Springs need some advice

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 09:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E320
Talking Springs need some advice

Hi guys,

I need some advice and some explanation. I have a 2003 E class and the rear right spring broke . So now the question. My springs color coding is Blue blue blue, what does the color coding mean? Also im looking into lowering springs i was thinking.
HR
Koni
Eibach
I don't want to drop my car till it kisses the floor but a bit lower will do! Another thing im concerned about is will the car be really stiff on performance springs? My friends Subaru is a firkin go cart and i don't want this on my E
Old 05-04-2009, 11:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2003 S210 3.8L Brabus wagon
I used the H&R sport springs and Bilstein sport shocks. It dropped the car 1.5 in front and 1.3 in the rear as advertised. The ride is noticably stiffer and it corners like it is on rails. This is in an 03 E wagon. If you are in a pole hole prone area softer shocks may be on order.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:16 PM

2004 mercedes E320
Originally Posted by pilot_alex
Hi guys,

I need some advice and some explanation. I have a 2003 E class and the rear right spring broke . So now the question. My springs color coding is Blue blue blue, what does the color coding mean? Also im looking into lowering springs i was thinking.
HR
Koni
Eibach
I don't want to drop my car till it kisses the floor but a bit lower will do! Another thing im concerned about is will the car be really stiff on performance springs? My friends Subaru is a firkin go cart and i don't want this on my E
ill be changing out my srpings out of my E320 this week, they arestock and only have 46K on them. let me know if you will be intrested
Old 05-04-2009, 10:56 PM

2005 E500
Wow your spring broke!!! How did that happen?
Eibach with bilstein shocks is a good combo. I doesn't lower he car as much as the HR springs but noticable. Eibach is also a little stiffer. This is how it was on my old c-class.