E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

hid install kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2009 | 09:11 AM

MGT, 12 CLS63 Launch
hid install kit

OMG these metal clips that hold the bulbs in the headlight are the most annoying design ever...i bought james hid kit and after popping the metal bracket off the oem plug to try to figure out how to cut the circle into the clip to fit around the bulb i decided to hold off and do it when i have a full day to work on it since it was already getting dark. after popping eveything back into place for the life of me i couldn't get the blub back into the socket! after a good 45mins just trying to get the bulb back in, i still don't even know if i put it in right. anyone experience this? if anyone is in thr nj area and experienced installing hid kits hit me up, at this point i rather pay to have someone help me out than to put up with this aggrevation
Old 05-06-2009 | 03:31 PM

07 E350 4Matic / Sport with P1
Originally Posted by TectiteE
"...after popping the metal bracket off the oem plug to try to figure out how to cut the circle into the clip to fit around the bulb i decided to hold off..."
If you're having trouble getting the oem bulb holder back in, I just had the same trouble last week. Try putting the bulb holder into place, but before turning clockwise, turn the holder counter-clockwise for about a third of a full turn before spinning it clockwise. Worked for me!
Old 05-06-2009 | 04:54 PM

CLK500, E500, SC400
OMG, installing HID kit is the easiest mod I can do to my cars, IMO. just ask any question about it and i will be gladly answer you with every possible knowledge i've learned