E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Help! Paint discoloration question (little area of door lighter shade than rest)....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 05:58 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
Help! Paint discoloration question (little area of door lighter shade than rest)....

I had my door re-painted when I bought my car (Dealer did it as there was a scratch on it). The work came out excellent and matches perfectly, and was done professionally, etc.

Now I just realized at the very bottom left (where the point is), there is a small circular discolored area, like an area that "lost its tan" per-se. The area physically feels EXACTLY like the rest of the door/paint and if you rub your hand against it you'd never know anything was different. So it's not a scratch or scuff or anything like that.

If anyone can provide any insight as to what it is that would be SO appreciated. Also, would something like this spread possibly? Or is it a set discolored area that will just mind its own business?

It's on the bottom-left, the little lighter shade circular thing: (don't mind that black streak on the top Pic, that's just a weird Pic illusion)::