E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Aftermarket stereo system for the E?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2003, 09:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sl and M-class E320 4Matic SLK350
Aftermarket stereo system for the E?

Anyone here had an aftermarket stereo system put into their new E? Is it even possible to order the E without a sound system or with only the speakers and wires in place so one can add an aftermarket system of their own choice? (The reason I ask this is I have access to a DVD/TV Tuner that I'm tempted to put into the E if the US version won't allow DVD's and TV to be displayed as is possible on the European E's.)
Old 02-13-2003, 03:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2001 ML320
I don't think so. First of all the size and shape of the stereo is not a standard one. A lot of high end cars with high end stereos are the same way and also have various components such as amplifiers and crossovers scattered all over the car, not just in the dash. Also, MB uses a fiberoptic system of connecting some of the components and most aftermarket systems don't even have that type of connectivity as an option. If you look at Crutchfield's catalog, they haven't offered aftermarket radios for MBs for many years except for a few select generally older models that still used the more standard in dash module.