E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Looking for example/sample pictures!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 11:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 Mercedes Benz E350 AMG Sport Edition
Looking for example/sample pictures!

I currently considering if I should purchase/paint my grille black (matte/gloss?). I have an 07 E350 Sachs edition, so my paint isn't a perfect black, it is black with little red flakes in it. I've been trying to find a black W211 with a black grille, but I can't find any decently sized pictures so I can make a decision on it. I'm also looking into smoking my tail lights. I've heard of two ways that you can do it, tinting or painting, and I want to do it myself too. I think I only want to do the red parts and leave the whites as is, as the general conception is that anything more than that looks bad, which I agree with. If anyone has any decent pictures of a black W211 with smoked tails/black grille, that would be a great help! Thanks!
Old 06-23-2009, 12:05 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
.... nothing to brag about, it is a previous model....
Take a photo of your car.
( do not use flash and do not take it under direct sun light )

I can try photoshop it for you.
Old 06-23-2009, 05:05 PM

So anything would totally be amazing but if possible, could you photoshop me one with the whites smoked and one with the whites left original? You're amazing, thank you so much!

Old 06-23-2009, 08:44 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
.... nothing to brag about, it is a previous model....
Sorry have to use other's photo for photoshop, yours is bit blurry.
Attached Thumbnails Looking for example/sample pictures!-11.jpg   Looking for example/sample pictures!-111.jpg   Looking for example/sample pictures!-22.jpg   Looking for example/sample pictures!-221.jpg   Looking for example/sample pictures!-222.jpg  

Old 06-23-2009, 08:52 PM

2003 E240
It will look good with a black grill, don't even have to ps that haha
Old 06-23-2009, 09:55 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
Definitely go for it if you think you'll dig it man!

Just a few quick points/advice:

If you go with both the black grille and blacked out tails (which I definitely wouldn't do the grille unless you black out the tails too), I'd definitely black out the Orange strips like I mentioned to you. Also, in my opinion, you always want to be careful when starting to black stuff out, as if you start going a bit far with it, you kind of have to give the car a whole "blacked out" theme, or else the black stuff will look a bit out of place with some shinier stuff here and there contrasting it. Also, at the same time, you don't want to go toooo black, as you might embark on overkill.

I'd say try 'em both out and see how you like 'em.

Also, the '07+ tails are much trickier to get the right look out of tint-wise over the pre-'07's, as the older tails have the 2 white stripes, which IMO are perfectly and tailor made to look good with black surrounding them.

On your car, you have an already factory slightly tinted middle area, which is one big strip, so the outcome will be a bit different, but can still look good. I'd DEFINITELY recommend leaving the middle tinted part alone and not tinting over it again.

And lastly, I think in regards to the pics no_clue posted, they definitely won't come out that clean and red, unfortunately as that is also a good look, and would look perfect on a black car as they're not too dark and still have some red to add contrast. They'll come out as black as mine, as I have the lightest Tint avail (out of 2 apparently) when it comes to those thick light-Tints.

Last edited by K-A; 06-23-2009 at 09:59 PM.
Old 06-24-2009, 12:46 AM

2003 E240
Yeah K-A is right, there is such a thing as too much black. There are a lot of darth vaders on this forum and others haha.
Old 06-24-2009, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by K-A
Definitely go for it if you think you'll dig it man!

Just a few quick points/advice:

If you go with both the black grille and blacked out tails (which I definitely wouldn't do the grille unless you black out the tails too), I'd definitely black out the Orange strips like I mentioned to you. Also, in my opinion, you always want to be careful when starting to black stuff out, as if you start going a bit far with it, you kind of have to give the car a whole "blacked out" theme, or else the black stuff will look a bit out of place with some shinier stuff here and there contrasting it. Also, at the same time, you don't want to go toooo black, as you might embark on overkill.

I'd say try 'em both out and see how you like 'em.

Also, the '07+ tails are much trickier to get the right look out of tint-wise over the pre-'07's, as the older tails have the 2 white stripes, which IMO are perfectly and tailor made to look good with black surrounding them.

On your car, you have an already factory slightly tinted middle area, which is one big strip, so the outcome will be a bit different, but can still look good. I'd DEFINITELY recommend leaving the middle tinted part alone and not tinting over it again.

And lastly, I think in regards to the pics no_clue posted, they definitely won't come out that clean and red, unfortunately as that is also a good look, and would look perfect on a black car as they're not too dark and still have some red to add contrast. They'll come out as black as mine, as I have the lightest Tint avail (out of 2 apparently) when it comes to those thick light-Tints.
When you say leave the middle part alone, do you mean the whole white area that's in the middle of the taillight assembly? And will I be able to complete this task myself? Or how much would it be to take it to a tint shop?

Last edited by tydog07; 06-24-2009 at 01:05 PM.
Old 06-24-2009, 02:38 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by tydog07
When you say leave the middle part alone, do you mean the whole white area that's in the middle of the taillight assembly? And will I be able to complete this task myself? Or how much would it be to take it to a tint shop?
Yeah, I'd personally recommend leaving the white area alone and not tinting over it, just tinting over the red parts, IMO it looks better.

You could do it yourself, you'd just need to get the tint from somewhere, I'm not sure how easy/hard it might be though. When I got mine done they charged me about $120-ish for both taillights and the middle red brake-light strip.
Old 06-24-2009, 05:24 PM

2003 E240
Originally Posted by K-A
When I got mine done they charged me about $120-ish for both taillights and the middle red brake-light strip.
It Looks well worth it, very clean install.
Old 06-24-2009, 05:36 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by Scraz51
It Looks well worth it, very clean install.
Thanks man! I appreciate that.
Old 06-25-2009, 12:58 AM

2012 C250
You you def. do it, looks great IMO

Check the sig

Edit: Found a more recent/dirtier pic, hope it helps

Last edited by Black.E; 06-25-2009 at 01:17 AM.
Old 06-25-2009, 01:16 AM

2003 E240
Black.E V. Nice as well.

So many good cars on this forum.
Old 06-25-2009, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by Black.E

Check the sig

Wow! I don't know if I'm more impressed with the grille or the awesome lip you put on the "luxury" bumper. I've never seen the luxury bumper look so fine! Thank you for the picture. Both mods look really good at this point. Did you paint your stock grille or buy an aftermarket one?
Old 06-25-2009, 09:46 AM

2003 E240
I've seen pics on this forum of a guy with a E63 CF grill, basically everything on the E63 was Carbon Fibre, it would probably cost a fortune though.
Old 06-25-2009, 05:10 PM

I like that lip. nice.
Originally Posted by Black.E

Check the sig

Old 06-26-2009, 03:23 AM

2012 C250
Black.E V. Nice as well.

So many good cars on this forum.
Thank you very much

Originally Posted by tydog07
Wow! I don't know if I'm more impressed with the grille or the awesome lip you put on the "luxury" bumper. I've never seen the luxury bumper look so fine! Thank you for the picture. Both mods look really good at this point. Did you paint your stock grille or buy an aftermarket one?
Thanks for the kind words, sorry for the bad pic. I'll do a shoot sometime soon.

I actually purchased another OEM Grille as there were no aftermarket ones available a year or so ago.

Now you can get a nice, OEM Style w/o the grille badge from here

Thanks again!

I've seen pics on this forum of a guy with a E63 CF grill, basically everything on the E63 was Carbon Fibre, it would probably cost a fortune though.
Yea, I bet it must cost some $$$. I've never seen a Facelifted E with a C/F grille though.

Originally Posted by erifly
I like that lip. nice.
Thanks

BTW guys, the lip is for sale here
Old 06-26-2009, 08:52 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2003 E500 Benz & 2015 BMW M235ix
FYI.......I bought my Advantgarde (5 slates) silver and black from AllMercedes.com which was only about $130 compared to the one priced on the Mercedes Body Parts site.