E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

W211 Audio 20 - how to use tel without getting music?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 06:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W211
W211 Audio 20 - how to use tel without getting music?

Just got myself a 2008 W211 with Audio 20 that comes with bluetooth telephone function. Is it possible for me to switch on Audio 20 to use telephone function without getting music from either Radio or CD?

One way to do this is to press the Mute button. But is there any other way to deactivate Radio or CD; and just use the tel function?

Can anyone please advise. Thanks!

Last edited by TiAg; 07-05-2009 at 06:51 AM.
Old 07-05-2009, 07:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 295 Likes on 247 Posts
223.168 & 213.012 & 906.633 & 214.005
This has been discussed a few times already, you are not the first one somehow preferring to switch off the radio but still maintaining other functionality like telephone.

You really don't want to switch off the head unit, what is the difference then from selecting "mute" and the phone menu or some other view instead of the radio at the head unit?

At least you have been more clever than a few other owners who turn audio level down to zero instead of using the mute option.

Can you explain what is your problem with the mute option?
Old 07-05-2009, 10:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W211
Originally Posted by Diesel Benz
This has been discussed a few times already, you are not the first one somehow preferring to switch off the radio but still maintaining other functionality like telephone.

You really don't want to switch off the head unit, what is the difference then from selecting "mute" and the phone menu or some other view instead of the radio at the head unit?

At least you have been more clever than a few other owners who turn audio level down to zero instead of using the mute option.

Can you explain what is your problem with the mute option?
Thanks for reply. Just collected my car on Friday. Still learning the controls as this is my first MB.

Nothing wrong with the mute option, except that somehow it feels weird to have the Radio or CD working but muted.