E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

OBD II Scanner Information

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 02:57 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
All Diesel Fleet !1983 240d stick,2005 E320 CDI Midnight blue, 2005 E320 CDI, Desert Silver, Kubota
OBD II Scanner Information

I recently purchased a scan program for use with my Laptop. It cost under $100 and came with software and an interface cable to connect with the OBD port on the car ( 05 E320 CDI) and the usb of my laptop.(Vista Home Premium). I installed the software and it works fine. It communicates and shows connected to the car and reads out that I have 0 faults. My problem is that I currently have a Brake Wear Indicator fault in my display when I start and also a BRAKE VISIT WORKSHOP fault. I understand that to clear the Brake Wear Indicator, I have to inspect and physically clear the problem with the Brake Wear Sensors. Regarding the BRAKE VISIT WORKSHOP, there have been other forum members that have pulled up a P0703 fault, indicating a bad brake switch and there is a sticky for the replacement of that switch.

My question is: It seems like my program reads just the engine ECU. How can I find other software that I can use with my laptop and interface cable, that will also read out other modules ( like the one that contains the BRAKE VISIT WORKSHOP fault). And finally, do all faults get transmitted to the engine ECU? I kind of think not, since the BRAKE fault did not show up there. Any help with software that will read all modules will be appreciated.

Last edited by jimbo1mcm; 08-18-2009 at 05:54 PM.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 MB E-500 & 2000 Honda Accord Coupe
Look for the SDS software the one use by the dealer. There are some online store or probably ebay that sells this for around $600 which includes the cable.