E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

OK, Seriously....can my day get any worse?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 09:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w211
OK, Seriously....can my day get any worse?

I just had one of the worst days in a very long time...

I just bought a '07 E350 Sport..Silver/Black. Just tinted the windows yesterday, added a E63 spoiler, cleared out the side markers and added the OEM rubber floor mats. The car is super clean and had 24k miles on it when I bought it.

So, I've been planning a road trip for a while now. I left at midnight (last night) from Houston and am on my way to Scottsdale, AZ..16 hr drive..10 hours just to get out of Texas..sooo sick!

I've been on the road now for 10 hours and finally get through El Paso and making good time. The NAV is directing me the whole way then all of sudden it goes dead (1st bad thing). It's trying to read the NAV DVD but nothing! So, I GoogleMap the rest of the way and make it to AZ another 6 hrs later. So far I've been driving for 16 hrs straight and up for about 33....I'm not happy.

I pull into the hotel parking lot and almost get hit by another guest. While trying to get out of the way, I tap the curb and curb rash my right front rim...awesome! (#2)

So, I cuss under my breathe and go check in. Of course they can't find my reservation...that takes about 30 mins. (#3)

After getting my bags out of the car and into my hotel room, I decide to run to the MB dealership to see if there's a easy fix for the NAV. On the way there a rock hits my windshield and puts a big chip in it. Before I can even cuss it spits in opposite directions. (#4) After dealing with my NAV at the stealership, I ask about my windshield...$900!! WTF! (#5) Does it matter where I get a new windshield from? I know I can get one installed elsewhere for about $450....

Oh, almost forgot to mention. The tint on the driver side window has a gap at the bottom. I think the guy had the window down a touch as he cut the tint...so now the tint is too short for the window. (#6)

I love my life!!
Old 08-19-2009, 11:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 S55 (SOLD, miss it every day), 2009 GL550
Originally Posted by flossinlo05
I just had one of the worst days in a very long time...

I just bought a '07 E350 Sport..Silver/Black. Just tinted the windows yesterday, added a E63 spoiler, cleared out the side markers and added the OEM rubber floor mats. The car is super clean and had 24k miles on it when I bought it.

So, I've been planning a road trip for a while now. I left at midnight (last night) from Houston and am on my way to Scottsdale, AZ..16 hr drive..10 hours just to get out of Texas..sooo sick!

I've been on the road now for 10 hours and finally get through El Paso and making good time. The NAV is directing me the whole way then all of sudden it goes dead (1st bad thing). It's trying to read the NAV DVD but nothing! So, I GoogleMap the rest of the way and make it to AZ another 6 hrs later. So far I've been driving for 16 hrs straight and up for about 33....I'm not happy.

I pull into the hotel parking lot and almost get hit by another guest. While trying to get out of the way, I tap the curb and curb rash my right front rim...awesome! (#2)

So, I cuss under my breathe and go check in. Of course they can't find my reservation...that takes about 30 mins. (#3)

After getting my bags out of the car and into my hotel room, I decide to run to the MB dealership to see if there's a easy fix for the NAV. On the way there a rock hits my windshield and puts a big chip in it. Before I can even cuss it spits in opposite directions. (#4) After dealing with my NAV at the stealership, I ask about my windshield...$900!! WTF! (#5) Does it matter where I get a new windshield from? I know I can get one installed elsewhere for about $450....

Oh, almost forgot to mention. The tint on the driver side window has a gap at the bottom. I think the guy had the window down a touch as he cut the tint...so now the tint is too short for the window. (#6)

I love my life!!
did you hit and kill anyone after driving 16 hours and being up 33 straight? No?? Then your day could have been much worse.

call your insurance company about the windshield. some do free replacements, other just have a small deductible
Old 08-20-2009, 12:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C300 Sport/Palladium Silver on Black/P2
Well, you do have a beautiful car. I'm sure things should get better.

Personally, I would want a Mercedes windshield put back in rather than an aftermarket. Don't know if you have rain sensing wipers or anything, but if so, that would be another reason to get it from Mercedes.

However, certainly ask your insurance company. Just tell them what happened, and see what they cover. Most will fix it if it can be fixed, for free. If it needs replacing, it may just be a small deductible then you could just pay your deductible and get the job done right.

Enjoy your trip.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:47 AM

2015 E350 4matic Sport and 2011 C300 4matic sport
Tough luck for sure...I just replaced my windshield. Princeton dealer wanted $1200. PA dealer wanted $900 and bothe were going to use an outside company. I contacted the outside company for a $650 MB windshield installed and insuarnce paid all of it after my $500 deductable...most dealers do not install glass themselves but hire out. Just insist on MB parts.
Old 08-20-2009, 11:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 E350 Sport
Your dog could die. so yah, it could get worse....
Old 08-21-2009, 07:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 S55 (SOLD, miss it every day), 2009 GL550
Originally Posted by sts15
Tough luck for sure...I just replaced my windshield. Princeton dealer wanted $1200. PA dealer wanted $900 and bothe were going to use an outside company. I contacted the outside company for a $650 MB windshield installed and insuarnce paid all of it after my $500 deductable...most dealers do not install glass themselves but hire out. Just insist on MB parts.
excellent info. hadn't thought about dealers contracting out windshield work.

Originally Posted by werewolf34
Your dog could die. so yah, it could get worse....
or worse, he could get a dog

bring on the dog lovers!

Old 08-21-2009, 09:44 AM

2005 BLK/BLK E-Double Nickel.
trust me it could be worst....... G/L and enjoy the car