Looking for EPCnet Diagram of Tele-Aid system

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 05:57 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'04 E320 Wagon
Looking for EPCnet Diagram of Tele-Aid system

Hi all,

Dealer did some work on our 2004 E320 wagon rear cargo cover motor. While the motor is fixed, now we are getting a error message saying the Tele-Aid system has a fault. I suspect that a cable or connector was not plugged back in during the cargo cover motor work. Dealer or course denies they caused the error and will not cover a repair unless we pay for it.

This is not the same message as the "SOS TeleAid not Activated" message owners get with the analog to digital conversion snafu.

Does anyone (Konigstiger) have a diagram of the Tele-Aid system so I can troubleshoot?

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-27-2009, 06:11 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,417 Likes on 3,146 Posts
'71 Pinto
Check your email.
Old 02-15-2012, 11:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 SL 500
Originally Posted by konigstiger
Check your email.
Hi Konigstiger,

You seem to be very knowledgeable and I don't know where else to turn.

I have a 2004 SL500. I've replaced the factory COMAND with a Pioneer unit. Now I had the dealer replace my Tele Aid unit with the digital upgrade (per the settlement) and I signed up with mBrace.

The unit works on and off. What I mean is that apparently it turns on and off at random. There are times when I press the i button or try to locate the car using the iPhone app and it's dead. There are other times when it responds.

The dealer is telling me that they've tried everything and it must be because I got rid of COMAND. That makes no sense to me, but I have no way to prove them wrong unless I put COMAND back in the car.

Does what the dealer say make any sense to you? Would you be able to share the wiring diagram with me?

Thank you so much.