E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Amplifier install on non-HK e500 (no existing sub)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 08:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amplifier install on non-HK e500 (no existing sub)

Does anyone know where I can hook up a line level converter (speaker wire to RCA) in the trunk. My E didn't come with a sub in the trunk and I'm not sure where I can get a signal without going all the way to the head unit. There are no speakers accessible in the trunk. My sub is ready and the rest of the amp is wired up... I just don't know where I can grab a sound signal.

I know the amp is in the trunk in the left wheel well (found it last night), but I cannot find the wires I need to tap into.

If you know the exact place where I can get these (and the wire colors if possible), please let me know.

I've searched every thread I can find trying to find the correct wires to tap into to hook up a line level converter so I can send the signal to my amp via RCA's.

EDIT: Nevermind... found my answer. Got it hooked up tonight.

Last edited by IGetIt; 09-29-2009 at 07:53 PM. Reason: found answer
Old 09-20-2011, 08:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 e320 cdi
Originally Posted by IGetIt
Does anyone know where I can hook up a line level converter (speaker wire to RCA) in the trunk. My E didn't come with a sub in the trunk and I'm not sure where I can get a signal without going all the way to the head unit. There are no speakers accessible in the trunk. My sub is ready and the rest of the amp is wired up... I just don't know where I can grab a sound signal.

I know the amp is in the trunk in the left wheel well (found it last night), but I cannot find the wires I need to tap into.

If you know the exact place where I can get these (and the wire colors if possible), please let me know.

I've searched every thread I can find trying to find the correct wires to tap into to hook up a line level converter so I can send the signal to my amp via RCA's.

EDIT: Nevermind... found my answer. Got it hooked up tonight.

Do you still recall how you did this as I've taken apart my trunk to find an amp or something to slice my line output converter and am coming up with nil. There are a variety of wires behind the fuse box but I am unsure if any of these are audio cables and if so render proper left/right signals.

ANY HELP?
Attached Thumbnails Amplifier install on non-HK e500 (no existing sub)-w211-trunk-no-amp.jpg