E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Location for the TeleAid Module

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-05-2003, 06:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Location for the TeleAid Module

The infamous TeleAid malfunction! The dealer just ordered a new module for the TeleAid system for my E500. I was wondering if anyone knows what they will be gutting out to replace this unit. Where is this module actually located? Hopefully it is in the trunk or something...

Thanks...
Old 03-05-2003, 02:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
MB
Re: Location for the TeleAid Module

Originally posted by i8hotdogs
The infamous TeleAid malfunction! The dealer just ordered a new module for the TeleAid system for my E500. I was wondering if anyone knows what they will be gutting out to replace this unit. Where is this module actually located? Hopefully it is in the trunk or something...

Thanks...
i believe it is in the trunk, but i am not sure. most of the electronics are in the trunk though
Old 03-05-2003, 10:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1997 Toyota Tacoma 4x4
Re: Location for the TeleAid Module

Originally posted by i8hotdogs

Thanks...
The TeleAid control module on your car is in the trunk just behind the rear seat. All they'll have to do is remove the carpet in the trunk, and then cover for the control unit compartment. You could even get in there yourself if you wanted to see it. The TeleAid module is the one with the orange sticker. It's easier to get to it if you fold the rear seats down and work from inside the car.
Old 03-06-2003, 06:06 AM

Thanks for the info.... I am glad to hear they will not be gutting the whole dash apart to replace this unit.
Old 03-06-2003, 11:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E-500
Re: Re: Location for the TeleAid Module

Originally posted by mbtech208
The TeleAid control module on your car is in the trunk just behind the rear seat. All they'll have to do is remove the carpet in the trunk, and then cover for the control unit compartment. You could even get in there yourself if you wanted to see it. The TeleAid module is the one with the orange sticker. It's easier to get to it if you fold the rear seats down and work from inside the car.
Dave...a little off thread topic, but, what do you hear, if anything, at the dealership level about the dreaded navigation situation?
Can you share anything with us?

Ed
Old 03-06-2003, 09:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1997 Toyota Tacoma 4x4
I don't have any idea about the navigation situation. What's the problem?
Old 11-05-2011, 02:14 PM

2003 E500
Removing cover over Teleaid module

I have removed 2 bolts at the rear end of the large plastic cover, but still cannot remove it.

Any idea how please?