Nokia phone option question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-10-2003, 03:05 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E500 Avantgarde Brilliant Silver
Nokia phone option question

My car came with a Nokia 6310i phone included. The phone seems to be reasonably well integrated with the car's electronics except for access to numbers stored in the mobile phone itself as opposed to those stored in the SIM card. When you make a call from the car the only telephone numbers available are the ones stored on the SIM card. This means that the multiple phone numbers per name feature (available when the phone is NOT in the car) is not available. The only workaround appears to be to make a separate name entry for every number when using the SIM card memory. Does anyone have any idea whether this can be changed so that the car accesses the phone memory instead of the SIM card?

Thanks...
Old 03-10-2003, 06:28 AM
Almost a Member!

Hi Norbury

It doesn't matter whether it's the SIM memory or the phone memory.

What you need to do is to specify a 'default number' in your phone for each name - the phone will dial the default number. If no default number is set for a name, then it dials the first number listed.

So, go to the phone entry for the name, and then click 'Details' (left soft-key), highlight the number you would like to dial normally, and then press 'Options' (left soft-key again), scroll down and press 'set as default'.

Hope that makes sense!

Last edited by craigng; 03-10-2003 at 06:47 AM.
Old 03-10-2003, 06:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thumbs up

How i envy you non Americans...... far more choice in options than we get across the pond.

BTW, cheers on the E500
Old 03-10-2003, 06:41 PM
Almost a Member!

2003 E500 Avantgarde Brilliant Silver
craigng: Thanks for the tip. I will do as you suggest.

Silver_Lana: Thanks for the good wishes. However, spare a thought for us non-Americans! Any Mercedes-Benz costs us about 60% more here than what you have to pay...and I think you probably get more options as standard fittings.

Best regards