E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

07 E350 Sport Service B

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 09:51 PM

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts
GLS450
07 E350 Sport Service B

I purchased my E350 sport a few months ago and love it. Yes, I have the jerky transmission issue and went back and forth to the dealer to have the problem corrected but have not had any luck. Not sure what to do here. Any suggestions are welcome.

Anyway, the Service B indicator appeared the other day and I would like to know what Service B includes and what the cost is. Could someone please let me know. Thanks
Old 12-11-2009, 12:20 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2009 E350 Arctic White AMG Sport package W/ P2 option, 2002 C230 kompressor Coupe
On my 2007 E350 I went out and when I got back into the car it had a hard shift into drive. I thought about taking it to the dealer at that point but went on to home depot. When I got back into the car it was like nothing had happened. I did call and schedule an appointment with the dealer but could not get in until Monday.

On Monday, the car had a hard shift into drive and then would not shift out of 2nd gear. I was only able to get it to shift after turning the car off.

The dealer diagnosis was error code 0717 from the turbine speed sensor. They ended up replacing the valve body. Everything was covered under warranty. Since this fix, I haven't noticed the hard downshift into first that I was experiencing before the service and have not seen the harsh engaging into drive which lead to dealer servicing.

I am not sure of the cost on service B since I have only owned the car for 7 months.
Old 12-11-2009, 02:31 PM

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts
GLS450
Originally Posted by rsmith7
On my 2007 E350 I went out and when I got back into the car it had a hard shift into drive. I thought about taking it to the dealer at that point but went on to home depot. When I got back into the car it was like nothing had happened. I did call and schedule an appointment with the dealer but could not get in until Monday.

On Monday, the car had a hard shift into drive and then would not shift out of 2nd gear. I was only able to get it to shift after turning the car off.

The dealer diagnosis was error code 0717 from the turbine speed sensor. They ended up replacing the valve body. Everything was covered under warranty. Since this fix, I haven't noticed the hard downshift into first that I was experiencing before the service and have not seen the harsh engaging into drive which lead to dealer servicing.

I am not sure of the cost on service B since I have only owned the car for 7 months.
I had the valve body replaced and it did not help. I experience hard downshifts as well as a slight jerk just before coming to a compete stop.