E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Paint bubbling on 05 e55 with 31k,in the door jambs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-15-2009 | 06:07 PM

Paint bubbling on 05 e55 with 31k,in the door jambs

My 05 e55 is peeling its paint o 1 door and you can see it spider webbing on the others....almost like rust bubbles....

THIS IS WHERE THE SEAM SEALER IS USED TO JOIN THE DOOR TOGETHER ON THE INSIDE DOOR JAMB.

They are good willing my car and painting the door.MB Canada and Europe have a 30 year anti corrision warranty as long as the car is dealer serviced(mine is) but they REPLACE and repaint the rusty panel.I am kinda worried that since they started galvinizing the panels in 04 to avoid rust,once the offending paint/rust is removed,so will the galvanize and the car will start rusting again.Not to mention the further devaluation of my once $90k plus car that was bought new.

This is a car that has 31k,has only been in the rain a handful of times,and it sleeps in a heated garage.

I called up MB USA and they say they are not aware of any problems....BS or? They are pretty much telling me I am lucky since the car is out of warranty but that is BS,it is a CLEAR factory defect and they have 30 year warrantys in other countrys and thats the reason its being good willed....the only MB certified collision center here in the south says its a FACTORY DEFECT.

Anyone else had any abnormal rust/paint bubbling problems???I know the cars in Europe and Canada rust,I need cars in the USA so we can show MB there isnt some magic anti rust bubble over the whole country!!!
Old 12-15-2009 | 06:55 PM

2009 E350 Sport
?