E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Mbrace vs Teleaid

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-01-2010, 01:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2016 Jaguar FT-R
Mbrace vs Teleaid

Has anyone else discovered that Search and Send is no longer functional in Teleaid since MB instituted service with Mbrace? I found that to be very useful and now I am stuck with a long term contract with Teleaid. I have not talked with MBUSA yet but this whole thing is very distasteful to me. How long is Teleaid going to be around now? has anyone tried to cancel a Teleaid contract for a refund?

Larry
Old 01-06-2010, 08:47 AM

2016 Jaguar FT-R
Update

Both MBUSA and Tele Aid have advised me that I can now use a function called POI Download where the Tele Aid phone rep sends a POI to the NAVI system. I have not yet tried it but it seems that it might be more useful than Search & Send. I still cannot believe that Tele Aid subscribers were not notified.
Larry
Old 01-07-2010, 01:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E350
I believe because the search and send is gone they are allowing the POI download free of charge. Search and send is more user friendly IMO.
Old 01-07-2010, 02:35 PM

2016 Jaguar FT-R
You are right about POI. I have mixed feelings, though. For S&S you have to be at your computer, for POI Download you just have to be near a phone or in your car. The real test will be whether the rep on the phone can input your destination from address, POI, intersection, etc.
Larry