E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Good luck?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-14-2003, 03:00 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good luck?

I recently picket up my new E sans nav system - a step others seem to be following as well. I had gotten tired of waiting and reevaluated the criticality of nav and a number of other options, leading me to buying on right off the lot.

After driving the car around for a couple of days - I noticed something interesting. The car had a January inspection sticker. Working backward from this date and quickly confirming with my sales person, I found out it was built before 1/1/2003 and is in fact pre-wired for navigation. I've talked to my sales guy and he has warned me that their may be problems with retrofiting ie no guarantees at this time, but if they can, there is a good possibility it could be added to my car for the right price. Funny how this turned out. Given this possibility, I am holding off on any purchase of a portable GPS like the Magellan.

One last question - any accessories people would recommend for the car? I am already planning on ordering the phone (once voice control is available) and adding the CD changer. After buying, I still felt these would be nice things to add. I am curious about the other options out there. With the right dough, I figure there are very few things that could not be added to the car after purchase (I have ruled out the pano roof). Anyone get the illuminated door sills?

Thanks,
Tom