E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Moto V60 with voice recog now TBD???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-14-2003, 04:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Moto V60 with voice recog now TBD???

Am I wrong? I just surfed over to www.mbusa.com and went to build an E500... and I just noticed that they list the V60 with Voice Recog MSRP as TBD now...

I could have sworn that they used to say $1495 for the v60 without voice and $1995 for the v60 with voice...

Am I wrong, or did they just yank the MSRP pricing on the v60 with voice recog???

Any confirmation from anyone??? Anyone out there who order the voice recog module actually either get it or heard anything new about its availability?

-NavNut
Old 03-14-2003, 06:47 PM

I think I may be the cause of that.

When I ordered my car a month ago (which I eventually did not take delivery on because of the navi issue -- another long story), my salesman told me that the v.60 w/voice option was not priced. I argued that it was priced because it shows the price on the MBUSA website and that I expect that to be the price and not a penny more. He said that MB is having a problem with it and that the final price for the option would likely be higher. I told him that that was a problem between him and MB, not my problem. As far as I was concerned, I expect the price to be no higher than what MB has advertised, otherwise I would consider it to be "switch and bait".

He continued to argue that he had no control over the MB website, while I continued to tell him that that is not my problem. I told him that that should be his problem and that he should get with MB to have them change their website instead of them pricing something for which they don't expect to support.

So, he ended up meeting my demand, but hated me for it. A couple a weeks later, the price had changed on the MB website to TBD. But, if you notice, they still haven't changed the price for the same as a dealer installed accessory.
Old 03-14-2003, 07:05 PM

Wow... that is impressive... maybe someone actually is listening out in MBUSA-land...

-NavNut
Old 03-17-2003, 06:23 PM

Wow... This is cool now...

www.kbb.com now lists:

051 • Models Before 1-17-03 1,437.00 1,995.00
051 • Models After 1-17-03
(Late Availability) N/A N/A

for the 051 option (voice recog moto v60 phone...) So before 1/17/03 it's invoice was 1437 with MSRP 1995, and after 1/17/03 it is just N/A with an extra Late Availability...

Now I wonder what this really means? Is it a new Blue Tooth phone coming up? Is this problem witht the voice recog module on the phone linked to the dvd nav/COMAND II problem? Is it all going to come together with voice recog on the phone, the nav, and the radio and so they're going to price all that junk differently?

I just want this stuff to work... and be orderable/buyable... Is this too much to ask?

-NavNut