Any way to check for dealership abuse?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 10:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nada
Any way to check for dealership abuse?

Greetings,
Last week I had my 07 E550 4Matic in to the dealership for diagnosis of a rattling sound. While the sound was never discovered, and ultimately disappeared, the idiot service writer said he drove my car 4 times, going 15 miles each time, to try to determine where the noise was coming from. As there was no reason for him to drive the car because the rattle occured while in Park and idling, he can't adequately explain why he did. Also, I hadn't authorized him to drive my car, and if you knew him, you wouldn't either. I have this continuing concern that he may have driven my car in an abusive manner, and am woundering if there is any way to check the OBD to see if he did so. I'd be looking for things like high RPMs or MPH, etc.

Is it possible to check for this type of abuse?

maico490
Old 02-07-2010, 11:43 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BBS LM's 18's + Kics
best way is hidden camera, i have seen it in action before
Old 02-07-2010, 12:43 PM

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts
10 speed bicycle
Service advisors don't drive the cars to diag a noise, the tech does. Service advisors do not do a good job of communicating the complete customers description to the tech, Which would explain why it was driven multiple times...I would be happy a tech spent that much time on the car, trying to duplicate your concern. If no problem is found, he got paid nothing to look at your car!

Also if you signed anything at the bottom of the RO, if you read through all the fine print, one of them was authorization to drive your vehicle. Like E92 said camera is the best way to be sure if you suspect abuse...but I doubt that was the case.
Old 02-07-2010, 03:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
2009 SL550 Roadster Diamond White, 2008 CLK550 Coupe Obsidian Black
i think you have to authorize for "longer" drive periods. that's what they made me sign besides the usual sheet. my s/a said for longer drives, we have to get your permission to put the mileage on the car.