E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

possible discovery! Connects2 Products for integrated bluetooth functionality

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 08:03 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2004 Mercedes E320 Wagon
possible discovery! Connects2 Products for integrated bluetooth functionality

Did a search here for the term connects2 and nothing came up, so this could be a new thing.

Anyway, I also own a BMW E39 2002 525I and have non-functioning steering wheel controls for a phone. Apparently, this company in the UK, Connects2 (www.connects2.com) makes a product that integrates Parrot Bluetooth systems into your existing car's steering wheel phone controls. It's some type of a can bus thing, but apparently E46 and E39 BMW owners have already started purchasing this in lieu of the very expensive factory options available to them.

Does anyone here have any experience with this product? I would definitely like to install it on my W211 as the costs would come in around 100 bucks!

It's not perfect though and does have some drawbacks, one of which is that phone numbers don't appear on the console's display.
Old 02-23-2010, 12:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 e350 sienna black; AMG pkg
I just bought a Viseeo for my '07 e350 from www.cartronics.com and it works great. It clips right onto the 'puck' and syncs with my iPhone and all the controls work from the steering wheel. Just be careful you don't buy the Viseeo for euro MBs as it doesn't work on US models.

Hope that helps
Old 03-09-2011, 04:28 PM

S211 320cdi Sport estate (facelift)
Thumbs up Connects2

I have fitted the 3002 unit to my W211 and it works great!

I spend loads of time looking around with little help from the forums unless I want to fit a command unit!

I wanted a phone kit & MP3 compatability for my Audio 20. The connects2 device is a ISO lead set & gismo which makes a Std Motorola TK30 unit plug straight in & use the steering wheel controls. I fitted it in 2.5 hrs & that was with a bit of messing as I installed the display in the ashtry (to keep the dash clutter-free). No splicing the cabling, messing with the car's bus-system or anything like that!

The Bluetooth works fine - you can pair many phones & connect with two at the same time. The MP3 bit works great with USB/Ipod/Iphone or std MP3. It uses its own amp but the quaility is easily as good as the merc unit.

There are a couple of negatives . . . you need the display for caller ID and to change folders etc and the steering wheel controls still work other functions. So when on MP3 & you change tracks, the computer display also changes. But this is being picky for a retrofit unit which costs 130GBP and is plug & play!

I spoke to the guys at Connects2 & they tell me thay are working on a unit which will use the original merc display (3102). . . this would make it perfect! Not sure when it will be released. Apparently they already do one for VW audi.

Hopefully this helps people who are frustrated by the Merc audio units lack of connectivity.

Cheers

TBG
Old 03-09-2011, 05:21 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
05 CL65 AMG, 07 Ferrari F430, 03 Range Rover HSE
The iTronic also just plugs in and uses ALL the factory functions and features, including ALL buttons, keypad, and displays.
Old 03-10-2011, 01:09 PM

S211 320cdi Sport estate (facelift)
"The iTronic also just plugs in and uses ALL the factory functions and features, including ALL buttons, keypad, and displays."

Err . . . I could be wrong but according the website that is only true if you have the command head unit . . . the lower audio units have no display. The cost is $500+ and this is without phone connectivity.

I am sure it is a good product but it appears not to suit this UK buyer.
Old 03-10-2011, 01:18 PM
Banned

Received 116 Likes on 99 Posts
With a 2004 W211 I can recommend the Bluetooth Puck with tail. Perfect solution. I put a bunch of those in W211s, programmed the car and the people love it. It's low cost and fully integrated.
Old 03-10-2011, 01:41 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
05 CL65 AMG, 07 Ferrari F430, 03 Range Rover HSE
He itronic works with ALL headunits, and is available in the UK