E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

AGW 04 E500 draining battery when engine is powered off

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-05-2010 | 09:40 PM

e500
AGW 04 E500 draining battery when engine is powered off

The AGW(Audio Gateway Control) in my car is draining battery when the car is off? Has anyone else seen this problem? I just changed new main battery and aux batter and the very next day the battery was completely drained. After some diagnostic my friend a techician concluded that the AGW is the source of the leakage. Is this a faulty AGW? The part for this is in the $1k range. Without this unit I have no Audio and Navigation. Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Nost
Old 04-08-2010 | 12:23 PM

03 E320 -wife's car now; 07 Porsche Boxster S - my toy
Originally Posted by nosttrader
The AGW(Audio Gateway Control) in my car is draining battery when the car is off? Has anyone else seen this problem? I just changed new main battery and aux batter and the very next day the battery was completely drained. After some diagnostic my friend a techician concluded that the AGW is the source of the leakage. Is this a faulty AGW? The part for this is in the $1k range. Without this unit I have no Audio and Navigation. Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Nost
And I'm pretty sure that if you bought a new one, the software would have to be downloaded into it which is done with the factory diags tool (SDS) so this eliminates you doing a DIY repair. You have two choices, the dealer of an indy that has the SDS (which is current). The MBCA website has a thread with indies from most states. Good luck.

Regards,
paul...
Old 04-08-2010 | 04:26 PM

e500
Paulv,

My friends work for Mercedes dealership as a service technician. Are you saying if he download the new software for the AGW it might resolve the problem? I think the AGW was the problem why the initial battery went bad.

Nost
Old 04-08-2010 | 04:31 PM

2005 E500, 2011 ML350
I have a used one for sale......