E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

MBF lease end offer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 11:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'07 E350W4
Wink MBF lease end offer

Just got our first call from MBF since our lease expires in 2 months. Offered 10% off stated residual.
Told them when/if they make me a reasonable offer I'll strongly consider buying BUT, there's a gazillion '07 E350 CPO's on their website and they'll get $20-22K at auction so, it's up to them. I like the car very much but, won't be foolish and will insist on 7yr/100K warranty.
I've already looked at Lexus and Acura, leaning towards Acura.

Not personal, it's business, as they say.
Old 04-15-2010, 06:31 PM

2000 ml320 1986 560sel 1973 280se4.5
If you would, tell how much the residual price is. Thanks
Old 04-15-2010, 06:42 PM

'07 E350W4
Originally Posted by roberthelfrick
If you would, tell how much the residual price is. Thanks
$34K
Old 04-15-2010, 08:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MB
What mileage?
Yep, there are a dozen E350s out there, but almost all of them are w/o P2 and the combo you have now , which is a rarity there. Also, you know the history of the car better than anyone else here, which I guess sometime you cant put a price on, right?
I guess ~30K is about right!
Old 04-15-2010, 08:31 PM

'07 E350W4
Originally Posted by Maddic
What mileage?
Yep, there are a dozen E350s out there, but almost all of them are w/o P2 and the combo you have now , which is a rarity there. Also, you know the history of the car better than anyone else here, which I guess sometime you cant put a price on, right?
I guess ~30K is about right!
38K miles but, they can have it back for anything over $27K. Under that w/7yr/100k mi, I'll buy it....maybe.
It IS everything you'd expect, finest car I've ever had. Just have to be prudent.
Quick search on mbusa, there are over 100 '07 4matics, I really don't understand why these things don't hold value

Last edited by New E350W4; 04-15-2010 at 09:29 PM. Reason: add comments
Old 04-15-2010, 09:55 PM

E500
Originally Posted by New E350W4
38K miles but, they can have it back for anything over $27K. Under that w/7yr/100k mi, I'll buy it....maybe.
It IS everything you'd expect, finest car I've ever had. Just have to be prudent.
Quick search on mbusa, there are over 100 '07 4matics, I really don't understand why these things don't hold value
People can't afford to repair them if something goes wrong out of warranty, so the price has to drop enough to entice them. Probably needs to be priced so that a warranty can be bought (~$4k).
Old 04-15-2010, 10:53 PM

'07 E350W4
Originally Posted by AmazinglySmooth
People can't afford to repair them if something goes wrong out of warranty, so the price has to drop enough to entice them. Probably needs to be priced so that a warranty can be bought (~$4k).
Which is precisely why I won't "bite" w/o 7yr/100K warranty. This car has been flawless for 3+ years but, I know what long term can mean. That being said, I may be better off with a newer model at similar price to this buyout.
At this point, they need to make me an offer "I can't refuse". In our economy, it's way overpriced.
Old 04-18-2010, 04:48 AM

MB
Like I said earlier, if MBF lowers the price again to around $30k, but I doubt it. Then its a good deal imo! In fact, I have done some price searches on the E350s, almost all of them are without P2 or just plain MB-tex with P1 on classifieds with price well above $30k, and I find it hard to get one under $30K with all your listed options. I believe the MSRP of your car is about $63k when it was new. At $27k, you are really asking for one heck of a deal with warranty if you ask me.

Let's be honest here, if I gonna pay $30k at this moment, the E class is still on top my list that satisfy all my desires in term of aesthetic values and prestige, no doubt about it.

If you still worry about the longevity of the car, I would find one trusted indy shop that can do all the repair works when the warranty runs out, that is my thought if I am staying with the E class!
Old 04-18-2010, 10:25 AM

'07 E350W4
$30K isn't good enough for me, plain and simple. It's business. It's a great car but, there simply isn't that much difference in the quality of the major luxury brands however, there is a big difference in prices.
I used to be a big fan of Volvo and they were the premier producer of safe cars, no more.
Everyone else has caught up or surpassed them. Now? Who knows what will happen with Chinese ownership.
Old 04-18-2010, 11:03 AM

https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...t-no-luck.html

New E350w4....have a read of my experience. Not much luck buying out my lease.
Old 04-18-2010, 11:33 AM

'07 E350W4
Originally Posted by Nickelmania-Dal
https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...t-no-luck.html

New E350w4....have a read of my experience. Not much luck buying out my lease.
Too bad they wouldn't offer you a better price since you liked the car so much. I wonder if they refused based on your desire to keep the car?

I have not contacted them or my dealer, and won't. I'm in the "drivers seat" and will simply walk away to another brand. IF MBF calls back, I'll lay out my offer on MY terms, not theirs.
MB residuals are about the worst in the industry, they make their money upfront.
Old 04-18-2010, 01:26 PM

Yes. I really liked my E350 with the AMG sport package but lease buy out numbers made no sense. The dealership sold my car in a just few days. MB was nice enough to cut me a deal on over miles though. Went from .25 to .20 on over miles. Saved a bit when I turned it in.
Old 04-18-2010, 03:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe

I have not contacted them or my dealer, and won't. I'm in the "drivers seat" and will simply walk away to another brand. IF MBF calls back, I'll lay out my offer on MY terms, not theirs.
MB residuals are about the worst in the industry, they make their money upfront.
fwiw, they're in the "driver's seat" not you. To be honest, they couldn't really care less; they're still profitable and sell cars. Your just one in a million customers. It's about keeping shareholders happy, not you.

Manufacturer rents you a car, you give it back to them, they add a warranty (no real sweat off their back; big markup on parts anyway), then they sell the car for profit. A win-win. Consumer never "wins." I realize it feels insulting when they won't sell you the car for a realistic retail market price. But it's just the way it is. Their bean counters have it figured out.

Anyway, all luxury and mid-luxury cars are like this these days (depreciation, residuals, etc..)

No value in cars unless you buy collectibles on the used market and stash them in a garage like vintage wine.
Old 04-18-2010, 10:10 PM

Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts
BMW M850i Gran Coupe
Too bad they wouldn't offer you a better price since you liked the car so much. I wonder if they refused based on your desire to keep the car?

If you think you are in the "drivers seat", make them YOUR offer/terms and see how fast they ask you when they can expect to see your car turned in at your local MB dealer. This is their ball game and you don't have a bat, ball or glove. MBF will sell your car to the turn-in dealer for thousands less than they offered you or they will send it off to Manheim and accept thousands less. Either way YOU, in most scenarios, will not get "the deal". If you have a relationship with the dealer, sometimes you can buy it back from them, including a CPO warranty at a better price then MBF offered you for the lease buyout.
Old 04-18-2010, 10:13 PM

'07 E350W4
Originally Posted by 220S
fwiw, they're in the "driver's seat" not you. To be honest, they couldn't really care less; they're still profitable and sell cars. Your just one in a million customers. It's about keeping shareholders happy, not you.

Manufacturer rents you a car, you give it back to them, they add a warranty (no real sweat off their back; big markup on parts anyway), then they sell the car for profit. A win-win. Consumer never "wins." I realize it feels insulting when they won't sell you the car for a realistic retail market price. But it's just the way it is. Their bean counters have it figured out.

Anyway, all luxury and mid-luxury cars are like this these days (depreciation, residuals, etc..)

No value in cars unless you buy collectibles on the used market and stash them in a garage like vintage wine.
Not with me they're not, they'll get $595 dispo fee and not a penny more. If others are so enamored by the brand that's their problem.
Furthermore, few cars have such a horrible residual value, MB is at the bottom. They make a great product but, they're WAY overpriced.
Old 04-19-2010, 02:18 AM

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
2004 E500 CLK320
It's all about the economy and the stock market. Last spring was a great time to buy a new or CPO MB; the dealerships here were hurting so badly that they would almost giving them away offering huge discounts. However, the run up of the stock market since September 2009, I've noticed that the price of the CPO cars has slowly moving up in recent months. Last spring, the local Porsche dealer here was offering $32k off their new 2008 911s. Well, now the best they can do if giving $8k discount on the 2010 911's and only a handful of 2009 models left. It seems like that the luxury car market is recovering.
Old 04-19-2010, 03:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
Not with me they're not, they'll get $595 dispo fee and not a penny more. If others are so enamored by the brand that's their problem.
Furthermore, few cars have such a horrible residual value, MB is at the bottom. They make a great product but, they're WAY overpriced.
Again, it's not MB specific. It's always a reflection on the up and downs of the economy, consumer behavior, and the auto industry. There's a 2008 BMW 750IL for sale at the dealer here with 22k on it going for 49k. It was a 90k car less than three years ago. And back then, Forbes listed it as having one of the best residual values (and for the record, it also listed two MB models as having the highest residuals.)

Values are affected by predicted supply and demand, changes in gas prices, and anticipated economic conditions. CPO cars have become good sellers lately for the industry. Lease residuals amount to nothing more than an educated guess.

fwiw, I suppose if you really want a deal you should just buy a car to keep during bad economic times (like last year) instead of renting. Manufacturers and finance companies got burned until recently on residual values (making consumers the beneficiary.) They learned their lesson.

Residual value is a tricky thing.

btw, here's an interesting read: "Manufacturer Advantages in Residual Value Estimation."

p.s., "A manufacturer may also create a vendor leasing program in order to control the market for used equipment. If the manufacturer produces a durable good (which most equipment qualifies as), it always suffers the risk of products it produced in the past competing with its current offerings. When a manufacturer sells its new durable equipment, it loses control over when and how they will return to the equipment market as used goods. Used equipment reentering the market may be priced very low, thereby making new equipment unattractively expensive."
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
pierce01.pdf (33.2 KB, 480 views)

Last edited by 220S; 04-19-2010 at 04:01 AM.
Old 04-19-2010, 08:08 AM

2015 E350 4matic Sport and 2011 C300 4matic sport
I love bargining for a car, new or used. But as soon as the dealer agrees to a price, I know I have been screwed. If they ever agree to your deal, it is only becasue they are still making a ton off you.
Old 04-19-2010, 10:43 AM

'07 E350W4
Originally Posted by sts15
I love bargining for a car, new or used. But as soon as the dealer agrees to a price, I know I have been screwed. If they ever agree to your deal, it is only becasue they are still making a ton off you.
The true cost, including R&D, labor, materials, etc is only known to the bean counters.
I realize, and accept, they must make money to continue. As an individual, I decide what I'm willing to pay in a given market or walk.
Is MB entitled to make a profit from me? Yes
OTOH, I decide, within a given rage, how much based on the stated residual.
Old 04-19-2010, 01:15 PM

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
2004 E500 CLK320
Thanks to the Japanese luxuary imports for more than a decade now, MB is actually willing to negotiate on the price. I remember in the late 90s when I and my friend were shopping for new C-class and E-class in the Bay Area. After visiting 4 or 5 dealers, they all wanted full MSRP and the best they could do was offering free floor mats. Back then, MB virtually had no strong competition.
Old 04-19-2010, 01:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 ML550, 2010 E350 4M, 1966 Corvette Convt C2
Which is precisely why I won't "bite" w/o 7yr/100K warranty. This car has been flawless for 3+ years but, I know what long term can mean. That being said, I may be better off with a newer model at similar price to this buyout.
At this point, they need to make me an offer "I can't refuse". In our economy, it's way overpriced.
MB Finance will NOT give you a warranty. They are a financial organization not a dealership and they are a separate corp from MBUSA. If you feel that strogly about that better plan on doing something else. Besides I also do not think they will meet your 27K price.
Old 04-19-2010, 01:23 PM

'07 E350W4
Originally Posted by sosh
MB Finance will NOT give you a warranty. They are a financial organization not a dealership and they are a separate corp from MBUSA. If you feel that strogly about that better plan on doing something else. Besides I also do not think they will meet your 27K price.
Then, someone else will get a nice car......at an inflated price
Old 04-20-2010, 04:52 PM

2011 BMW X5 SAV
Then, someone else will get a nice car......at an inflated price
Talking about somebody getting a nice car -- my lease will be up in Dec '10 and by now I have a hair over 10K miles on it. It sits in the garage all day and I only drive it once a week to the grocery store. Pretty funny right. All the maintenance was done at the regular intervals of course. Somebody will get a hell of a deal no matter what they will pay. I'm almost jealous but I guess it's time to say goodbye to this baby.
Old 07-07-2010, 08:06 PM

'07 E350W4
Originally Posted by Tymah123
Talking about somebody getting a nice car -- my lease will be up in Dec '10 and by now I have a hair over 10K miles on it. It sits in the garage all day and I only drive it once a week to the grocery store. Pretty funny right. All the maintenance was done at the regular intervals of course. Somebody will get a hell of a deal no matter what they will pay. I'm almost jealous but I guess it's time to say goodbye to this baby.
OK, final days to decide. $33.5 CPO'd 1 extra yr/100K mi. Given it's Prem pkg 2 w/cognac leather, panoroof & BT it's a very tough decision at this price. My BIL is interested, too.
If I don't buy it, the dealer will likely get $37K+, not many of these babies around.
Old 07-07-2010, 08:11 PM

2009 E350 Sport
Cash is king

What does 34k buy in comparable car/SUVs?

Last edited by werewolf34; 07-07-2010 at 08:15 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: MBF lease end offer