E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Don Nguyen | **Vinyl Roof Wrapping Services + Stickers/Graphics and more!**

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 12:31 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
Euros
Usually when I black out window trim it is because they are chrome/brushed aluminum, but in this case, the originally black window trim on this car had just faded to a copperish metal hue. So what I did was just applied some of my gloss black vinyl material onto the lower window trim pieces and on the small rear quarter window vertical pillar that had also faded.

If there is enough interest in this, I can set up a group buy type of deal for it and have a group of you guys come by in on an assigned day to all get it done.

Before:

During (only the lower rear door trim piece is covered in the gloss black vinyl in these pictures):

After:

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Old 01-30-2012, 12:04 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
I've had quite a few requests for tinting tail lights recently, so I decided to post up some more pictures of them for you guys. The owner of this car was actually a firefighter at a station local/right down the street from me in Irvine, so I dropped by there to tint/smoke the tail lights and the top portion of the headlights on his black E60 550i.

Tinted/smoked left side, stock/untinted right side:

Both sides tinted:

Top portion of the headlights tinted/smoked:

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Old 02-06-2012, 12:46 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
I worked on this black Bentley GT Continental coupe a while back. He brought his car by to have me black out the chrome window trim on his car. Originally he was going to go with gloss black, but once he got here we decided to go with the matte black to still give the covered pieces some contrast with the rest of the car. Also wrapped the chrome accents that were along the bottom of the car and his door handles. He was around Mission Viejo or so and came out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County.

Before:

After:

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Old 02-08-2012, 12:30 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
One of my previous customers that had me vinyl wrap the roof on his 335i E92 sold his car and got a new car. He purchased the new limited edition matte black C63 coupe from Mercedes. Everything looked good on the car, except for the chrome window trim that blatantly stood out, especially against the matte black paint on the rest of the car. It's not often that I get a matte black car that comes in to have their window trim vinyl wrapped. He decided to go with gloss black for the window trim, to give it some contrast still, and I think it turned out great.

Before:

After:

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Old 02-10-2012, 01:44 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
I'll try and change things up a bit here. Here's a silver Honda Civic that came by to get his roof wrapped in my matte black vinyl material versus gloss black which most people usually go with. This will help others who have a silver car or a glass sunroof and want to see what a matte black vinyled roof would look like on their car and how it contrasts, etc. The owner of this car was from Irvine/Orange County as well.

Before:

After:

Blacked out the chrome trunk handle piece on the rear:

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Old 02-10-2012, 09:43 PM

Received 47 Likes on 42 Posts
W205, X253, C190, W213,
Originally Posted by Don Nguyen
Usually when I black out window trim it is because they are chrome/brushed aluminum, but in this case, the originally black window trim on this car had just faded to a copperish metal hue. So what I did was just applied some of my gloss black vinyl material onto the lower window trim pieces and on the small rear quarter window vertical pillar that had also faded.

If there is enough interest in this, I can set up a group buy type of deal for it and have a group of you guys come by in on an assigned day to all get it done.

Before:

During (only the lower rear door trim piece is covered in the gloss black vinyl in these pictures):

After:

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
I don't think it's fading, since I believe mine has always looked like that. I think it's just the color of the anodizing. Regardless, I'm in Texas so I can't get it to your shop. I wish you or someone made a pre-cut kit that we could have applied by a local shop.
Old 02-11-2012, 01:15 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
It's a fairly straight forward install if you wanted to just buy materials from me and DIY it.

-Don
Old 02-11-2012, 01:31 PM

Received 47 Likes on 42 Posts
W205, X253, C190, W213,
I can get the vinyl anywhere, but applying it I can't.
Old 02-11-2012, 04:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W211 (Gone), ///CLS55

Before:

After:

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Can you PM me a price for this?
Old 02-12-2012, 01:21 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
PM sent.
Old 02-12-2012, 10:47 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
All of the pictures that I have are posted in this thread.

I'd need to see a picture of your spoiler, to see what it looks like to see if it is possible to wrap and then give you a quote for it. Shoot me a PM.

-Don
Old 02-13-2012, 12:40 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
Trying to gauge if there is any interest in this flat black vinyl finish. I haven't posted pictures of this finish/material before, but I recently had a someone ask if I had something that was flatter than my matte black vinyl material. So, who's interested?

Flat black is on the left and matte black is on the right:

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Old 02-17-2012, 12:10 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
Nothing fancy this time around. I vinyl wrapped the trunk handle, which was the last piece of chrome that was on this sapphire black 550 GT. The owner of this car was in Irvine as well. This will help out those who've asked me what my gloss black vinyl material looks like against metallic black paint/finishes. There's still a slight contrast to it, which I think is cool, so it still accents the trim pieces on the car a bit versus just blending in completely.

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Old 02-20-2012, 12:30 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
Even though I mainly specialize in European cars, interestingly enough, I have still had quite a few of these new Kia Optimas come by to get work done on their cars. I had this customer e-mail me to see if I could vinyl wrap the roof of his white Kia Optima with my gloss black vinyl material to give the roof that panoramic roof look/effect. Even though the roof of this car protruded outwards in the middle, unlike most cars, I was still able to wrap the roof without any issues.

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Old 02-22-2012, 11:55 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
I vinyl wrapped the roof of this brand new white Mercedes-benz C250 with my gloss black vinyl material. The owner of this car was from around the Los Angeles/Torrance area and drove out to me in Orange County to have his roof done. It's always fun seeing new car models/face lifts come out and come by to get some vinyl work done.

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Old 02-24-2012, 12:15 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
Did this one probably a year ago, but just realized that I never posted pictures of it. It is a black G37 sedan that I vinyl wrapped the roof in the 3M Di-noc matte carbon fiber finish. It's not often that I get black cars coming by to get their roofs wrapped, so this is good for those out there who have darker colored cars or black cars to get an idea of how the carbon fiber would look on your roofs. It gives it a nice contrast. From far away it looks flat-ish, but once you get up closer, you start seeing the design and carbon fiber weave pattern. The owner of this car was from around south Orange County I believe.

Remember, I am having a discounted special on all 3M dinoc carbon fiber installs right now as well. So hit me up if you're interested. Now's a good time to get it done.

-Dom

donathon@gmail.com
Old 02-24-2012, 04:51 PM

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
2017 S550 4matic
hey don, you wouldn't happen to have the dimensions for a w211 roof with sunroof would you? Looking to have a local shop do my roof and to give me a quote they need measurements (can't bring them car any time soon to check)
Old 02-27-2012, 12:32 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
The owner of this silver Corvette contacted me to see if I could vinyl wrap his T-top and roll hoop with my matte black vinyl material/finish. I don't get too many domestic cars coming by to get vinyl work done, so this was a nice change of pace. I personally think that the matte black top gave this car a clean look but also a more aggressive stance at the same time. Almost even made the car look longer, because the black was continuous from the front of the windshield to the back of the trunk/rear window now. The owner of this car was around south Orange County and came over to me to have the vinyl work done.

Before:

After:

-Don

Donathon@gmail.com
Old 02-27-2012, 01:29 PM

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
2017 S550 4matic
First MBWorld's member's car done, after becoming a sponsor on here, BenzoBoi/Sun's car:

-Don
if you don't mind me asking, how much did you charge for this?
Old 02-29-2012, 12:31 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
Here is a silver TL type S that came by to have me vinyl wrap the roof of his car with my gloss black vinyl material. He drove out from around the Inland Empire/Riverside area to me in Orange County to have it done. I really liked the way the roof turned out/looked on this car. A gloss black roof on a silver car gives the car a very clean, simple, and elegant look.

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Old 03-02-2012, 11:53 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
I have people always asking me how well my material holds up over time and how long does it last. Well, here is a black MkV VW GTI that I did roughly 2 - 2.5 years ago. I vinyl wrapped the center section of his grill in my matte black vinyl material. This is as exposed to road debris and wear and tear as any wrap is going to get, being on the front of the bumper. There are some nicks here and there from sharp rock chips/hits, but nothing out of the ordinary that you wouldn't expect to see on a car's front bumper that's been daily driven for the last couple of years.

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Old 03-05-2012, 12:02 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
This white Lexus IS350 dropped by to have me vinyl wrap the roof of his car with my gloss black material. Hopefully these pictures will help out those who have carbon fiber hoods see how the gloss black vinyl roof matches/looks with a carbon hood. I thought that the gloss black vinyl roof complimented the carbon fiber hood and other carbon fiber/black accents on the car fairly well. The owner of this car was from around Cerritos and came out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the work done.

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Old 03-07-2012, 11:35 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
I had this new white Mercedes Benz C class coupe come by to have me wrap his chrome/brushed aluminum window trim in my gloss black vinyl material. He wanted to go with the gloss black to match the glass panoramic roof and to also match the B pillars on the door, which were also gloss black already from the factory. I should have taken the after pictures of it outside so you guys can get a better view/look, but for some reason this time I took the pictures of the car inside. The owner of this car was from around Buena Park and drove out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to get the work done. I have a lot of guys ask me if they should go with matte or gloss black on their window trims, so hopefully this will help those of you out trying to figure what to go with.

Before

After

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Old 03-09-2012, 12:52 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
I vinyl wrapped both the roof of this car and his window trim in my gloss black vinyl material. However, I am just going to post pictures of the roof done for now. I'll post pictures of the gloss black vinyl wrapped window trim that I also did on this car later. You can still sort of make out the gloss black window trim in the pictures, for those who were considering on doing both and weren't sure which finish to go with on the window trim with their gloss black vinyl'd roofs.

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Old 03-12-2012, 12:16 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
This time around, I went with a lighter shade than the usual shade that I have used in the past for when I tinted/smoked head lights/tail lights. I chose this shade to closer match a tint/shade that you would expect to see as a dealer or factory option. I basically would describe this as an OEM+ look. For those who are familiar, it's similar to the blackline tail lights that BMW offers or the Porsche tail lights that come from the factory with the clear portion tinted/smoked already. Hopefully you guys will be able to get a good idea of how this shade looks like on these tail lights from the pictures that I took. Let me know if you guys want any specific angles or more pictures and I'll see what I can do.

Left factory - Right tinted

Both tinted/smoked

Tinted/smoked - after

Tinted/smoked - before

-Don

donathon@gmail.com

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Don Nguyen | **Vinyl Roof Wrapping Services + Stickers/Graphics and more!**