E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Updated Nav Disk

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-14-2010 | 03:00 PM

2004 E320
Garmin Nuvi

Everytime I come home from Stockton, CA back to San Jose, my Garmin Nuvi route me off the main freeway and run me through downtown Livermore on a sunny Saturday afternoon. Needless to say, I was stuck in traffic jam for two hours. Driving in bumper to bumper traffic looking out my window at young tanned people lounging in outdoor cafes. Maybe the City of Livermore pay the mapping company to direct all traffic to downtown in hope of people stopping to spend some money after already spending more than an hour in bumper to bumper traffic .

I should drive my MB next time to see how it wants to direct me!

Oh yeah ... while driving on US101 from the Bay Area to Ventura, the Garmin routes me off the freeway to some seriously twisty mountain road with up-and-down undulations. Right around 7:00PM when the sun is low at the west horizon, I had to fight to see the roads as the road kept going over crests after another crests. After 30 miles, it routed me right back to US101. Soon I had to pass cars that I recognized that I passed many hours ago when I was closer to the Bay Area, and those were the hard-earned one at that because they were the ones that were clogging the left lane at 65mph on a two lane Freeway posted 70mph max.

Last edited by UsedMB; 09-14-2010 at 03:20 PM.
Old 09-15-2010 | 08:44 PM

2018 E400 4matic Wagon
Originally Posted by Barry45RPM
Neither. No fix, No Cure. Thats the programming of the NAV unit talking to you, not the info on the Map disc on 211's thru 2008 MY.
Too bad. I was once looking at night for a building located on a road that was over one mile long. The NAV told me I had arrived at my destination as soon as I turned onto the road so I had to keep stopping to look for numbers until I got to the very end, where the building was located.