E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

How about this idea?

Old 02-04-2002, 03:37 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How about this idea?

I have a quaestion about importing the new E class from Germany to US.

Its look like the new E Class will be available in Europe in March if I am not wrong. Does any one know how can one from US buy a car in germany and have it shipped to US? Is this is a good idea or not?

What are the tax laws? I am just clue less about import laws and the taxation laws. Does anyone know about the laws and taxation???

Thanks for your help.
Old 02-04-2002, 10:12 AM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This idea was discussed before and i think what happened is that if you were to bring a german car here to the us the price you'll pay may not be worth it. Very costly. First you have to find an importer and then have the car converted to us emissions etc... So again very $$$$.
Old 02-04-2002, 11:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 193 Likes on 152 Posts
2016 GLE63s / 2016 E63s / 2002 E55
Devilish, You can't want until August or September 2002? Even if you ordered it in March 2002 you would not received it until May or June.
Old 02-04-2002, 12:47 PM
Almost a Member!

Thanks for the information. I am having problem and that is my 2001 CLK was stolen last month and I am driving a rental car til insurance company cut me a check for the car. Its been 3 weeks and still no sign of my car. We have to wait for 30 days before we can get the check from the insurance company. The timing was off and that is why I cant wait till August or Spetember and I will be going to Europe in March or April.

Devilish
Old 02-04-2002, 01:33 PM
Out Of Control!

Devilish

Really sorry to hear that . Well hopefully the insurance money would be sufficient enough that if you do want to bring this car to the US you'll have enough to do the conversions and everything else. Good luck!
Old 02-05-2002, 12:23 PM
Almost a Member!

Thanks Jam. The car was leased so I just want the insurance company to clear this up with MBZ Finance as soon as possible.
Old 02-05-2002, 12:27 PM
Out Of Control!

You're welcome Devilish!
Old 02-19-2002, 12:47 PM
Almost a Member!

2002 C240
your CLK got stolen!!

How did you 2001 CLK get stolen? Didnt it have that new FOB key that uses a unique code to start the car? I thought it was practically impossible to steal a MB with the new anti-theft technology they put on each benz. Even if they did manage to start the car and leave the tracking device would find them unless they hind it in some deep cave. The only way I can see them stealing the car is by getting a copy of your FOB. These guys must be pros. I just hope your insurance will fully pay for it.
Old 02-20-2002, 01:24 AM

2009 BMW 750i, 2008 Toyota Prius
Re: your CLK got stolen!!

Originally posted by rudebouy
How did you 2001 CLK get stolen? Didnt it have that new FOB key that uses a unique code to start the car? I thought it was practically impossible to steal a MB with the new anti-theft technology they put on each benz. Even if they did manage to start the car and leave the tracking device would find them unless they hind it in some deep cave. The only way I can see them stealing the car is by getting a copy of your FOB. These guys must be pros. I just hope your insurance will fully pay for it.
Any amount of security can be bypassed if the thieves really want your car. They probably just towed the car. I've seen repo men hook up a car and on their way in about a minute or two.
Old 02-26-2002, 03:27 AM
Almost a Member!

OK I am done with the insuarance company. I hate dealing with these SOBs. I had to get my corporation lawyer involve in this and he got me a little more money and I am happy. I just got my check over the weekend. Now I have to wait for SEVEN DAMN months and I dont know what to do. The timing was soooo off. Only if I knew who stole the car. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

And about how they stole the car, I wish I knew but I have no idea. The car was never recovered.

I am talking to my dealer and he has no idea what is going on with the new E320 and I am feeding him all these pictures and all these infos and he calls himself FLEET MANAGER.

O well what is done its done and I have to get over it.
Old 02-26-2002, 08:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

devilish - since it was 2k1, it did have teleaid and gps and alarm and what not... and all that other jargon MB boasts about right... ??

so with all that stuff the car was still stolen and no one has found it. Are they making use of the tracking stuff available on the car? just wondering.... I mean having tele-aid, alarm and the GPS stuff seems only useful to get a discount with the insurance company.....

that really does suck about your car man... sorry to hear that..alteast you got your money back
Old 02-27-2002, 03:39 AM
Almost a Member!

Well now I am sure those items on the car dont really mean anything to the pros and no matter how hard you try to protect your car there is always someone smarter out there that can bite you where it hurt. I have not been able to sit down for the past 6 or so weeks .
Old 02-27-2002, 09:09 AM

ML 500 Sport
Yeah...but the question was: did MB and the police try tracking the car via Teleaid/GPS???? If not why not? and if so what was the result?
Old 02-27-2002, 03:28 PM

2023 E450 wagon 2011 Toyota Tacoma
Re: Re: your CLK got stolen!!

Originally posted by freakinfreak

Any amount of security can be bypassed if the thieves really want your car. They probably just towed the car. I've seen repo men hook up a car and on their way in about a minute or two.
If you lock yourself out of your car and the Tele Aid foks can unlock it for you via satellite, the only reason a determined eleven year old computer hacker couldn't do the same thing is because he doesn't want to. The dealer I bought my 2002 E320 wagon from had the 2002 E320 wagon I looked at a week earlier stolen from the lot. No sign of forced entry and none of the security cameras picked it up. If somebody really wants your car, any anti-theft device might be an inconvenience or a challenge but rarely a deterrent.