E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

my sales rep. nav

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-16-2003, 12:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 E550
I didn't order NAV but I did ask my dealer about it and he said that they would NOT sell a car with the NAV option and have not because it is not available and they won't sell one untill it is.
Old 04-17-2003, 01:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
MB
i called 1800 for merc and i asked for a manager of customer relations. i talked to a lady, but she said MB will announce what will happen in the near future. she said that MB has solved what they will do internally. so hopefully in the nest week, we'll know.
Old 04-17-2003, 02:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'07 Porsche 997TT
Funny (sad?) story, my sales rep is now asking ME wht i'm hearing about NAV. Also, when do the '04's start getting built? gotta be coming up right. Do we definitely know it will be available in '04 could you imagine??!!
Old 04-17-2003, 07:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E-500
Originally posted by cte430
Funny (sad?) story, my sales rep is now asking ME wht i'm hearing about NAV. Also, when do the '04's start getting built? gotta be coming up right. Do we definitely know it will be available in '04 could you imagine??!!
This gets more pathetic by the day
Old 04-17-2003, 10:55 PM
Almost a Member!

2003 SL55, 2004 E500, 2004 Porsche Turbo Cab, 2007 Ferrari 599, 1988 Ferrari GTS
Don't give up, keep calling 1800 number, I will make my third call tmorrow. I will also bug my dealer for the weekly "uninformational update. " They are wrong, very wrong for the way the way they handled this and I believe they will make good on this royal screw up,but we must keep the pressure up!
Old 04-18-2003, 07:22 AM
drb

03 E320, sport package, moon roof, sound upgrade, brilliant silver, charcoal leather, heated seats..
Originally posted by bmms8
i called 1800 for merc and i asked for a manager of customer relations. i talked to a lady, but she said MB will announce what will happen in the near future. she said that MB has solved what they will do internally. so hopefully in the nest week, we'll know.
How about posting that 800 number so everyone on the forum with a beef about the navigation can register a complaint.
Old 04-18-2003, 01:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
Originally posted by drb
How about posting that 800 number so everyone on the forum with a beef about the navigation can register a complaint.
sure, its 18003676372
option 7
Old 04-18-2003, 02:31 PM

C240
"Indeed, Harvard Business School should document this as a case study. "

sheesh - on the scale of Human F-Ups this hardly rates - get a grip people.
Old 04-18-2003, 03:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
Originally posted by Mercedes101

come on now. this is Mercedes-Benz. to me, the best car company. this is why we bought this car. we paid over 73K for a car. we have had problems, and been to the dealer 3 or 4 times just because of it. we were promised a year and 2 months that there will be NAV available. 9 months when our car arrives, we pay for the NAV, Mercedes told us it is delayed, and we would get it in less than 3 4 months. so we wait, when the time comes, they say it might not be possible, and it is still delayed. they havent even told us what the problem is, and havent told what they will do. and when you call them, and ask for info, they get mad at you, and talk rudely. and we shouldnt be mad. like posted before, car companies are laughing at Mercedes. everyone has DVD baed NAV's know, its nothing special..this is a big mess up for everyone who ordered the NAV, and the car company itself..
Old 04-18-2003, 03:11 PM

bmms8

Well put, my friend.

MB101, while you may be right that this does not register a whit on the Human F-up scale, don't belittle the plight of the customer. This has been dealt with a dozen times over, that one man's option is another man's dream (or woman's).

You can 'sheesh' yourself to oblivion for all I care, but don't think for an instance that there isn't an issue here.

There is. And it is a huge one, and if it wasn't we would have heard some thing from one of the premier manufacturers of automobiles on the planet.
Old 04-18-2003, 03:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E-500
Originally posted by Mercedes101

.....lets see, "its not important to me...therefore you must be a fool if it is important to you"..

Sheeesh is right...my advice is to not read the threads about navigation is you find it so silly

Ed
Old 04-18-2003, 04:36 PM

Just to throw a little bit more gasoline on this fire, what impact does the recent announcement that MB will offer Sirius sattellite radio have on the NAV issue? Obviously the sattelitte receiver circuitry is built into the radio unit which is integrated with the NAV system...would Harmon Kardon be building a non-sattellite head end unit for the brief time remaining for the 2003 model year when as per the press release all 2004 vehilces will include Sirius?....
Old 04-18-2003, 04:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
all 2004 Es will include Sirius, or be Sirius capable? Personally, I think Sirius is going to go bankrupt, maybe XM will take over their customer base and merge the programming.

do you have a link to this article?
Old 04-18-2003, 06:26 PM

Received 84 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally posted by pat a.
Obviously the sattelitte receiver circuitry is built into the radio unit which is integrated with the NAV system...would Harmon Kardon be building a non-sattellite head end unit for the brief time remaining for the 2003 model year when as per the press release all 2004 vehilces will include Sirius?....
I don't think it is necessarily the case that the sattelite receiver is in the radio unit integrated with the NAV system. All the media components (radio, navi, CD changer, etc) all use the MOST interface, which is an interface that allows device to plug into the "network" of devices in the car and then they can all work together. So I would assume that the satelitte receiver would be another MOST device, maybe thrown in the trunk or something...
Old 04-18-2003, 07:40 PM

W211 & Q7
rumor says ...

the prewire 2003 w211 gps sensor cannot work properly between teleaid and nav. (2004 model does not have this problem, see 2004 new e wagon from autoweek).

mb waits for the free teleaid expires, if the owner does not want to continue subscribing teleaid then service center can easily use this one gps sensor for nav -- it takes 2 hours (hopefully, not 3.5 hours) to retrofit it (this is why australia w211 can be retrofited nav becuase there is no teleaid service in australia ???) if owner wants teleaid and nav both -- you now give mb a hard time then mb may consider to provide a new 2004 w211 with nav for a lease customer or double refund for prepaid owners but for those who do not accept refund but having a fully loaded 2003 w211 owners (your car is difficult to lease out due to the price or color), mb has to spend extra labor ( ??? hours) to install another gps sensor and wire for your car.

but mb engineers may come out a solution by only using one existing gps sensor in 2003 model for both teleaid and nav. (working on ??? or giving up ???)
Old 04-18-2003, 07:47 PM

W211 & Q7
dvd comes before nav ???

http://www.imakenews.com/autospies/e...e000143805.cfm
Old 04-18-2003, 09:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E-500
Re: rumor says ...

Originally posted by Otto
the prewire 2003 w211 gps sensor cannot work properly between teleaid and nav. (2004 model does not have this problem, see 2004 new e wagon from autoweek).

mb waits for the free teleaid expires, if the owner does not want to continue subscribing teleaid then service center can easily use this one gps sensor for nav -- it takes 2 hours (hopefully, not 3.5 hours) to retrofit it (this is why australia w211 can be retrofited nav becuase there is no teleaid service in australia ???) if owner wants teleaid and nav both -- you now give mb a hard time then mb may consider to provide a new 2004 w211 with nav for a lease customer or double refund for prepaid owners but for those who do not accept refund but having a fully loaded 2003 w211 owners (your car is difficult to lease out due to the price or color), mb has to spend extra labor ( ??? hours) to install another gps sensor and wire for your car.

but mb engineers may come out a solution by only using one existing gps sensor in 2003 model for both teleaid and nav. (working on ??? or giving up ???)
I am confused, Otto...where do you get this "rumor" or information. I never see it anywhere else.

I can't even imagine what the DVD annoucement is all about. You would have to have command (navigation) before you could use the DVD feature.
Be nice if they made an annoucement about the navigation before starting in with more BS.

Ed
Old 04-18-2003, 10:53 PM
drb

03 E320, sport package, moon roof, sound upgrade, brilliant silver, charcoal leather, heated seats..
otto is part of the alternate MB universe. MB command navigation and DVD work well there. MBWorld members belong to the other side where only the opposite exists. Otto somehow has become trapped between both worlds and is incapable of determining where he really exists. Otto believes all he sees is true.
Old 04-21-2003, 09:04 AM

drb

lol..now, now...sarcasm does not become thee
Old 04-21-2003, 06:47 PM
drb

Originally posted by bmms8
So, I call MBUSA today and ask how soon is soon for information release. Man on other end says 1-4 weeks, but closer to 1 week. He notes senior management has cleared the way for communication. MBUSA will send a letter directly to Command purchasers. A refund will be offered for sure. I said I required GPS and a retrofit to which he said that will be possible shortly after the letter is delivered.