E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

E55 bumper fitting

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 02:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e320
E55 bumper fitting

hi guys, I just bought a 2003 E55 bumper to start de conversion of my E320, but when the technician tried to put it on my car he said that the brackets of the E320 doesn't fit the AMG bumper and I have to buy the right one (amg one`s)

do you guys know about that?

I am little confused because I did not read that anywhere on the forum.

Can you please help me.

Thank you
Old 07-17-2010, 07:16 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
makes your daughter horny
Are you talking about the front or rear?

For the front the only modification you have to do is trim the bumper's inner-plastic liner a bit around the foglights, its pretty easy to do. They trim the OEM plastic when installing the Brabus bumpers so its not a problem but if you're really worried about it you can buy the E55 plastic for fairly cheap (maybe $50-75$ IIRC).

You re-use all of the energy absorbing foam. Its fits perfectly, I'd be willing to bet its the same P/N.

As far as the rear I can't really help you. I bought my bumper used and it came with the two plastic brackets riveted to each side. IIRC I reused the middle bracket or maybe just the plastic trunk lid sill off of my stock E320 bumper. I'm pretty sure the 2 outer brackets were the same on the E320 and E55 bumpers but I may be wrong (apparently I am if your mechanic says they don't fit).

Last edited by W Cole; 07-17-2010 at 07:20 PM.
Old 07-18-2010, 09:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e320
Thank you very much for your answer, sorry I did not mentioned before I was talking about the front bumper, what i did is that I bought the E55 bracket and you was right it cost me only $40 bucks each so no big deal.

I will bring my car Wednesday so will see if it goes right.

I will post some pictures after that.

I also bought like you a E55 rear bumper second hand with all brackets on it but the only problem that I have is that this bumper came with a valence for two single exhaust pipe and I have the e55 muffler on my car with the Quad one.

Do you think I can buy the E55 valence and it will fit on it?
I don`t want to spend a lot of money on painting if at the end the valence doesn't fit.

Thank you for your time.