Old 07-25-2010, 12:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
07 E350 4Matic / Sport with P1
Hidden Gems for the new owners:

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w211...ures-most.html
Old 07-26-2010, 08:56 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 E320
A small thing that many people do not know. All M-B have a hood release on the hinges that allow the hood to rest in a near vertical position. Makes access to the rear of the engine / firewall much easier. If you never spend time in the engine bay, at least it works for your mechanic.
Old 07-26-2010, 10:56 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
03 E320 -wife's car now; 07 Porsche Boxster S - my toy
Originally Posted by Clinton Horn
A small thing that many people do not know. All M-B have a hood release on the hinges that allow the hood to rest in a near vertical position. Makes access to the rear of the engine / firewall much easier. If you never spend time in the engine bay, at least it works for your mechanic.
That's right -- and it came in very handy when I had to replace the coolant changeover valve (which just about everyone is having failures with!) that's located on the firewall.

Regards,
paul...
Old 07-26-2010, 06:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 174 Likes on 144 Posts
me: 2015 SL400 & 2015 ML400; wife: 2022 GLC Coupe kid: 2017 GLC SUV
I didn't learn much there, probably from having 4 other MBs and patrolling these forums pretty regularly. I don't know what amazes more every time I go to BenzWorld: that members will post the same comments over and over within a thread, or how patient the other members seem to be about it!

Couple of things of interest there:

Originally Posted by dang2
The only use I've found for the cell phone/sunglass drawer is as a handy place to keep gas receipts. They generally fit pretty well, but they've been somewhat of a pain to get back out. While digging a batch out this morning I accidently discovered that what I thought was the inside bottom of the drawer is actually a loose lifter, and the bottom of the drawer itself has a finger hole in it, so you can push up the lifter and all the drawer contents on it, and get to everything fairly easily.
Originally Posted by rhyde
2010 E350 Coupe (Probably others, too.) If you leave the sun roof open and it starts to rain, the rain sensor signals the roof to close. Very cool.
not in the W209, sadly.

Originally Posted by shiraz
In South Africa, we get the Euro Spec models. In the Settings Menu, you can enable/disable the Auto folding mirrors.
I'm assuming that's in the Euro Spec models only, but I'll be RTFM'ing immediately!
Old 07-27-2010, 07:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 E550 4-Matic, 2004 SL600
Originally Posted by Clinton Horn
Just went out and tried that....very cool....