E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Driving 4 days for 4 day holiday: am I crazy?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-14-2003, 10:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
66 230SL
jEEZ,

Get a life,

Ask your family how they feel about sitting in a car for 4 days, not the people in this forum!
Old 04-14-2003, 10:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E-500
Originally posted by BENZ55
jEEZ,

Get a life,

Ask your family how they feel about sitting in a car for 4 days, not the people in this forum!
JEEZ is right. Where did you come from...Leave the guy alone he asked for advice and is getting it from people he respects.

Nice way to make yourself welcome on this forum Can't say that I remember your other "4" posts, but can't imagine they were any more mature that this one.
Old 04-14-2003, 10:34 PM

2009 ML320 CDi Bluetec
Originally posted by BENZ55
Mmm. This is a car enthusiasts' forum and it seems to me this is a perfectly on-topic question. My family I have asked, but that is not the point. What is the MB like, driving it for 4 days? What are others' experiences? How about wear and tear? At what age does driving for 4 days become less doable? Is the top speed an issue? (I find in American cars I can do 65; in a Mercedes it just seems sooo slow). And so on. All on topic I think. The reactions have been very useful, and entertaining to read.

Michael
Old 04-15-2003, 12:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E-500
Originally posted by mwillems
Mmm. This is a car enthusiasts' forum and it seems to me this is a perfectly on-topic question. My family I have asked, but that is not the point. What is the MB like, driving it for 4 days? What are others' experiences? How about wear and tear? At what age does driving for 4 days become less doable? Is the top speed an issue? (I find in American cars I can do 65; in a Mercedes it just seems sooo slow). And so on. All on topic I think. The reactions have been very useful, and entertaining to read.

Michael
You are absolutely correct Michael...it is a very appropriate topic and from the number of replies, a interesting one as well.

I would be very surprised if you had any problems with the Canadian license plates. Americans for the most part have good feelings for Canadians...maybe not for the current government. We are surprised to find out that the good feelings are not mutual by many Canadians. However it would be a very, very unusual situation if you found anyone who even noticed your plates.

Have fun on the trip.

Ed
Old 04-15-2003, 02:12 AM

Problems with Canadian Plates? Nah!!! I never have problems with cars with Canadian plates... Now Oregonian plates! That's an entirely different story altogether!

These gosh darnit Californians all move up to Oregon and forget how to drive... causing all the Oregonians to get angry with the Californian influx into their state, ruining all the spotted owl refuges... and then they come back down here and get in my way!!! I sure do wish that those fleeing Californians, just stay fled and not come back causing traffic snarls all the time!

-NavNut
Old 04-15-2003, 09:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E-500
Originally posted by NavNut
Problems with Canadian Plates? Nah!!! I never have problems with cars with Canadian plates... Now Oregonian plates! That's an entirely different story altogether!

These gosh darnit Californians all move up to Oregon and forget how to drive... causing all the Oregonians to get angry with the Californian influx into their state, ruining all the spotted owl refuges... and then they come back down here and get in my way!!! I sure do wish that those fleeing Californians, just stay fled and not come back causing traffic snarls all the time!

-NavNut
:p :p ..We have the same problem with the native "goonians" fleeing to the north and causing snarls of all kinds in Washington State. Should be some kind of border control to keep them in.:p

Ed