E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

lowering with no airmatic

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 03:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes e350
lowering with no airmatic

Hello everyone, I am planning to lower my car, but it does not have airmatic suspension. People have told me to search the forum, but i always search, and come up with just springs. There are eibach springs and H&R springs both only give your around a 2 inch drop, I need something more, so I have been looking into coilovers, which coilovers gives you the most aggressive drop? I have heard of H&R , and KW on this forum. I also know that k sport and d2 make some, which one of these coilovers can drop me the lowest. I am looking for a 4-5 inch drop? Any help would be appreciated!!! thanks!!
Old 08-06-2010, 11:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 55 Likes on 46 Posts
CLS550 4Matic, C43, E350, ML350
yeah.....4-5 drop is a lot depending where you live. I used to have a civic where i was dropped 3" and I would scrape the ground. I don't know if you want to take a chance of a 4" drop....Springs/shocks will blow a lot faster.....i'd get coilovers but only D2's or teins (if they make them?)
Old 08-07-2010, 03:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes e350
yeah I know d2's make them, and ksport, I don't know about teins, ill look those up, but I want to figure out the specs on the d2's, like how low they get you. I have a 350z its pretty low, here is a picture, I am looking to get around this ride height.

lowering with no airmatic-st0e3l.jpg