E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

2005 e500 constant problems, dealership issues, etc

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-05-2010 | 11:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Nissan GT-R cobb/midpipe/ic piping/wastegate actuators/tials
2005 e500 constant problems, dealership issues, etc

Please assist me with some advice here. I have a 2005 e500 4matic that I had purchased brand new. The car now has about 22k miles on it. This piece of garbage has been to the dealerships in the area probably 20 times for issues ranging from the active seats never working correctly, cracked wheels, tires have been replaced 2 times already due to bad alignment from dealership, egr issues, to airmatic issues currently which the dealerships can not fix.

I have not even been able to drive this thing because of constant issues. Can anyone give me any type of advice/recourse for this piece of garbage? What can I do with this car? The dealership has told me to complain to mbusa to see if I can get some sort of recourse. I'm tired of this piece of *****. I have owned 3 w211 e55's and never had any issues.

Any advice is much appreciated.
Old 09-06-2010 | 01:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
Sorry to hear it. Did it have issues early on? I suppose you could have tried to lemon it.

Personally I would just sell it. I guess you could try to see what MBUSA might say, but they probably won't say much. I don't have the patience or time for that stuff and would rather just unload a bad car.

The car is going on 6 years old and with only 22k on it, so that's like less than 4k a year. These cars depreciate so fast and with every year that passes, and aren't collectible, so the only way to get any value out of them is to drive them, imho. Not using them is sorta like money down the drain, I think.
Old 09-06-2010 | 09:36 AM

10 Cayenne GTS, 07 Porsche 911 Turbo
I see you're in the DC metro area, who is the dealer giving you all this pain?