E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Shipping Question.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-23-2003, 12:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 E550
Shipping Question.

My new E was built March 9 and according to my dealer has been waiting for a boat ever since. He says they go into Baltimore. He said that they had a bunch wating at the same time and that some of them got on a boat but mine didn't. I've checked the Cargo tracker web site and they don't show it. I wonder why it would take so long to get on a boat? And why some would and some wouldn't? Any ideas? The dealer professes to have no knowledge of the procedure or control over it. I assume that's right. If so I wonder who I can ***** at!
Old 04-23-2003, 09:44 AM

2003 MB E500
That seems to be way too long to wait for a boat. I think mine was shipped in less than a week after reaching the dock. I believe MB ships to Baltimore, a port in Florida, and the port of LA so your will likely arrive in Baltimore based on your location.
Old 04-23-2003, 06:13 PM

2010 E550
Talking

Even though it has not worked for those of you who have been airing your gripes about NAV, *****ing on this board apparently had some cosmic effect. An hour after I posted the dealer called and said that my car was on a boat and would be in Baltimore May 2. I checked the Cargo Tracking web site and sure enough there she was! Unfortunately dealer says that it may be untill the 15th untill I am driving it .
Old 04-23-2003, 08:26 PM
Almost a Member!

2003 E500
Originally posted by STKLAW
... the dealer called and said that my car was on a boat and would be in Baltimore May 2. I checked the Cargo Tracking web site and sure enough there she was! Unfortunately dealer says that it may be untill the 15th untill I am driving it .
STKLAW,
My car is on the ship named Hyundai No. 206, due into Baltimore on May 3. I'm sure we'll both be visiting the Wallenius Wilhelmsen site pretty regularly around that time. It has been a long wait...