E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

End of Warranty Inspection?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 02:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 Iridium Silver E350 4matic (P2, Pano)
End of Warranty Inspection?

Hi all:

My 2008 E350 has about 48.5K miles on it now and I would like to take it in for an end of warranty inspection just to have them look over the car and see if there are any lingering problems that they might be able to proactively spot and correct?

Is this common? If so, do they charge for such a service? Finally, any thing else I should consider besides an extended warranty?
Old 11-02-2010, 02:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E500 & ML500
Originally Posted by Bill RHIT
Hi all:

My 2008 E350 has about 48.5K miles on it now and I would like to take it in for an end of warranty inspection just to have them look over the car and see if there are any lingering problems that they might be able to proactively spot and correct?

Is this common? If so, do they charge for such a service? Finally, any thing else I should consider besides an extended warranty?
My car is still under warranty also , but I don't think they'll mind since it will be the warranty company paying for any repairs. But you might be charged about $150 to hook up your car to the SDS computer, if they don't find anything wrong. Usually when I bring my car for warranty service, they ask me if I want them to perform a "free" additional inspection along with the service.

Last edited by wampa; 11-02-2010 at 03:21 PM.
Old 11-05-2010, 02:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 E350 4Matic
My dealership always runs it through whenever I bring it in. I took it in because the CD changer was acting up and they came back and said "We fixed something you probably didn't even know was wrong." The cam sensor which is pretty impressive since there's very little chance the CD changer was acting up because of the cam sensor.