E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Key FOB acting silly!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-04-2010, 03:26 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 E350 4matic- winter edition
Key FOB acting silly!

My Key Fob is acting silly! It stopped locking and unlocking the car. The light still flashes like everything is ok. I have a spare so i have been using that in the interim while waiting to go to the dealership.

This morning however, i opened the car with the spare and then started the car with the original key- no problemo. Turned off the car and used the original key to lock and unlock the car- again no problems. Key Fob is acting normal again. Is this weird or what???
Old 11-04-2010, 03:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E500 Sport
Originally Posted by adisco93
My Key Fob is acting silly! It stopped locking and unlocking the car. The light still flashes like everything is ok. I have a spare so i have been using that in the interim while waiting to go to the dealership.

This morning however, i opened the car with the spare and then started the car with the original key- no problemo. Turned off the car and used the original key to lock and unlock the car- again no problems. Key Fob is acting normal again. Is this weird or what???
This happened to me a few years back. Turned out that the battery contacts were a bit loose. Dealer bent the contacts a bit, and it's been fine ever since.
Old 11-06-2010, 10:50 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
bmw
Had the same issue, even after replacing batteries.
So I ended up taking it to the dealership; they gave me a new key.
Old 11-08-2010, 12:14 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
K Car
Sounds like you either need new batteries, or the batteries are not making good contact with the leads. Easy fix. Remove the battery compartment and remove the batteries. Squeeze the connectors, and reinstall the batteries. If this doesn't fix it, then try new batteries (you can get them almost anywhere, I got mine at Walgreens).

I have found that when the batteries start to die, I start having problems locking the doors. Ignition should not be a problem as I don't believe this is dependent.