E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Illuminated door sill panel

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-25-2003, 12:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 Toyota Prado
Illuminated door sill panel

Whats goin on everybody, our w211 has arrived! @ the port anyways, well prob be taking delivery in a day or two. So i went over to the dealership as i wanted to buy the illuminated Door sill panels and have them installed @ the vpc, so i went to the accessories section at the dealership and they said it costs 170KD, ie about 560$ which seems a bit steep really (if any ones wondering about my subdued response, ive had time to cool down alright? hehe) , so anyways ive found these things on Ebay for about 200, so im figuiring there not original, and frankly i dont really care as there just an accessory not an engine part or something. What i do care about though is that they look good or somewere as good as the real deal. On Mbusa there for 406$ which is still quite a bit.

So in summary has anybody tried these out, any suggestions as to where i could order them at a reasonable price would be appreciated

Ive attached a pic from Ebay of the sills running for 200$
Old 04-25-2003, 02:13 PM

i don't know about the ebay items on how they look.

my dealer is stating 3 hours install time per door. total price of plate and installation around $900. it's my understanding that the doors are already pre-wired for the lights. can these be installed fairly easy??
Old 04-25-2003, 02:47 PM

e500
they look sooo cool, but get the brabus ones
Old 04-25-2003, 06:26 PM
Almost a Member!

Do you have pics of the brabus ones? Thx.
Old 04-25-2003, 06:57 PM

2003 Toyota Prado
Originally posted by bmw2mb
i don't know about the ebay items on how they look.

my dealer is stating 3 hours install time per door. total price of plate and installation around $900. it's my understanding that the doors are already pre-wired for the lights. can these be installed fairly easy??
That my friend is a major rip off, somebody in the clk forum did the install himself and said it was easy, they were also kind enough to include full installation instructions, cant remeber the name of the thead but do a search and youll find it