Navigation Device Unavailable

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-11-2010, 11:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E350
Navigation Device Unavailable

I am new to MBWorld.

My car is a 2006 E350 4Matic with 130,000 miles. My Navigation System was working and while I was about 100 miles into a trip the COMAND unit went to a blue screen with the message of "Navigation Device Unavailable." I checked the unit in the trunk. It did not have any power and I could not eject the disc. Someone on this forum suggested pulling the f3 and f6 fuses at the rear SAM to perhaps reboot the navigation device. I did this and now have power to the unit (thank you for this advice), but I cannot eject the disc and the COMAND still indicates the navigation device is unavailable. I have spoken to a couple of local garages who have suggested I take the car the dealer for service. This is not high on my list of options. Any suggestions are much appreciated. Thank you.
Old 11-15-2010, 10:01 AM

Received 80 Likes on 63 Posts
'07 GL450
Have you tried giving the NAV unit a solid tap?

My gf's Beamer had a similar problem a while ago with her CD Changer. I tried everything I could think of to get a stuck CD out from the trunk CD Changer. But nothing worked. Upon searching the Beamer forums I came across a thread that suggested banging the box on the side with one solid hit. Of course, I dismissed it. After trying everything else though, and nothing working, I figured, "What the heck.." so I banged the box and.. ..

..after a little hissing and spinning, out came the CD Changer!

GL.