E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

I am thinking about trading in my BMW X5 for the new E320 and.....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2003, 01:47 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 BMW 330i Sport 6 Speed
Question I am thinking about trading in my BMW X5 for the new E320 and.....

I am thinking about trading in my BMW X5 for the new E320 and I have a couple of questions.

1. How does it ride over rough concrete freeways in Southern California? Smooth? Better then the BMW 530? The Edmunds article mentioned that it is a bit stiff for a luxury car.

2. Does the transmission have a sport mode? What is the W/S button for near the shiffter?

I'm going to test drive one on Monday.

Thanks for you help.
Mike
Old 04-27-2003, 02:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
MB
Re: I am thinking about trading in my BMW X5 for the new E320 and.....

Originally posted by mtmnet
I am thinking about trading in my BMW X5 for the new E320 and I have a couple of questions.

1. How does it ride over rough concrete freeways in Southern California? Smooth? Better then the BMW 530? The Edmunds article mentioned that it is a bit stiff for a luxury car.

2. Does the transmission have a sport mode? What is the W/S button for near the shiffter?

Thanks for you help.
Mike
hey mike, where do you live in san diego. the ride is smooth, and i suggest getting a 500 ,or the sport option for the 320. its an air suspension, with 3 different modes, it can get real sporty. the ride over say the 15 is very smooth. the w/s button is for what type of weather it is. if it is raining, then you press the button, so it will change it W. thats for winter driving. it changes the gears or something. so your start off isnt as fast.and yes, the tranny can be used as a manual
Old 04-27-2003, 02:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
MB
Re: I am thinking about trading in my BMW X5 for the new E320 and.....

Originally posted by mtmnet

Thanks for you help.
Mike
hey mike, where do you live in san diego. the ride is smooth, and i suggest getting a 500 ,or the sport option for the 320. its an air suspension, with 3 different modes, it can get real sporty. the ride over say the 15 is very smooth. the w/s button is for what type of weather it is. if it is raining, then you press the button, so it will change it W. thats for winter driving. it changes the gears or something. so your start off isnt as fast.and yes, the tranny can be used as a manual
Old 04-27-2003, 04:26 AM

e500
get the 500, or if you want, goto brabus and get the 6.1 e class
Old 04-27-2003, 08:25 AM
Almost a Member!

2006 BMW 330i Sport 6 Speed
I'm in Encinitas, CA and....

I'm in Encinitas, CA and drive on the 5 freeway a lot. Is the Air Suspension's normal setting more comfortable then the standard suspension or about the same?

How is the overal gas milege on the E500?

Thanks,
Mike
Old 04-28-2003, 09:20 AM

'03 Mercedes E320
W/S

In S, the car starts in first gear, in W the car starts in second gear and also introduces a different comparable reverse gear with a higher ratio (lower numeric). Both help reduce spinning on startup on slick roads.