"Stop button" for audio.CD changer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-04-2010, 08:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
Tesla Model S P100D
"Stop button" for audio.CD changer

What do you use as a stop button for your audio if you want the map/navigation to be on but not want to listen to music? It seemed odd that I could not find a stop/pause button for the CD controls. I listen to my ipod most f the time through the "CD Changer" interface and I am still looking for a stop/pause option.

For now what I do is select Satellite radio, which stops the music to tell me I don;t have an active subscription and then switch to map but if I ever activate satellite radio I will not be able to do that.
Old 12-05-2010, 11:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2019 C63S
I may be wrong. But I think if you hit the mute button, your nav will still be able to work as it will only mute audio from other sources.
Old 12-05-2010, 03:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Tesla Model S P100D
Originally Posted by lboudreau
I may be wrong. But I think if you hit the mute button, your nav will still be able to work as it will only mute audio from other sources.
Yes but Mute would still technically keep playing whatever you had on. If you were listening to your Ipod, t would still be running with the hard drive spinning and the same in the case of a CD. I was looking for a stop button where it would actually stop playback or a pause button. Seems strange this was left out.
Old 12-05-2010, 04:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
There's no "Play" button either.
Old 12-06-2010, 03:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 295 Likes on 247 Posts
223.168 & 213.012 & 906.633 & 214.005
Originally Posted by WEBSRFR
Yes but Mute would still technically keep playing whatever you had on. If you were listening to your Ipod, t would still be running with the hard drive spinning and the same in the case of a CD. I was looking for a stop button where it would actually stop playback or a pause button. Seems strange this was left out.
The problem is with the iPod interface, it isn't able to pause iPod (I don't know if this is because of the MB interface of the iPod). The CD would pause from mute but I'm not sure if the CD/DVD would keep spinning to be ready to continue.

If the CD spinning would bother you and you don't want to listen to the CD anyway, why not select radio and press "mute". I know the radio broadcast would not pause but I guess you can accept that.

Basically any other audio source that can be paused, will get paused from the mute button.
Old 12-06-2010, 10:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Tesla Model S P100D
Originally Posted by Diesel Benz
The problem is with the iPod interface, it isn't able to pause iPod (I don't know if this is because of the MB interface of the iPod). The CD would pause from mute but I'm not sure if the CD/DVD would keep spinning to be ready to continue.

If the CD spinning would bother you and you don't want to listen to the CD anyway, why not select radio and press "mute". I know the radio broadcast would not pause but I guess you can accept that.

Basically any other audio source that can be paused, will get paused from the mute button.
Good idea! Radio and Mute should do it if I also have Sat radio activated and want no audio but still want the map displayed. Does anyone know if the new E class have a stop/Pause button for the audio?

The more I get acclimated to the MB systems and Command in general I get the idea it's not about what I want to do but about how the car wants to do something