Rattling noise near the front driver's side door molding/roofliner area

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-15-2010, 09:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
Tesla Model S P100D
Rattling noise near the front driver's side door molding/roofliner area

I guess a problem with the car being so quiet is that you really notice any rattles. I have lately started to notice a rattling noise coming from the top part of the driver's side door molding where it meets the roof lining. Sometimes if I open and close the driver's side window the noise goes away for a while and then comes back. It seems I can duplicate a similar sound by pressing up against the driver's side door molding trim a bit. Has anyone noticed a sound from that area? Any solutions you can think of? Are rattling noises like this covered by the CPO warranty?

I recently had a rattling sunroof issue that my local dealer was kind enough to fix for me at no charge though I don't think it was technically covered by the CPO warranty.

I'm very sensitive to high frequency rattling noises and I hope I can get this fixed! Thanks for any info.
Old 12-16-2010, 07:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e350
No CPO warranty does not cover rattles, but it sound like the seals are dry on the sunroof of the door. try buying a silicone lubricant and apply it to the seals on the door and the sunroof

good luck
Old 01-03-2011, 09:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes E55 AMG (2006), Mercedes 560 SEL (1991)
Do you have the panoramic roof?