E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Homelink power?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 01:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 E350 4Matic
Homelink power?

Is there a setting somewhere I'm overlooking? I would like to sit in the car and push the garage door opener while the car isn't running. At first I thought it was due to being so close or something but then I realized that the HomeLink doesn't work unless the car is running/on.

Not really a big deal but I always got in the car, hit the door button and then started it. Now I hit the wall mounted button before getting in the car. Just seems like it would make sense to have the door open before starting the car and it doesn't seem possible. Is it or is this the way it is?
Old 12-29-2010, 02:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 184 Posts
'07 GL320CDI, '10 CL550
This is the way it is.

Leave car outside ... thief breaks in and opens your garage ... wait, not without the key. Good idea.
Old 12-29-2010, 03:07 PM

2008 E350 4Matic
That makes sense. I remember a thread on here earlier where someone was asking about something that the MB did or didn't do and someone else commented that the Germans just have a way and it's not always intuitive but once you know why and understand how you'll realize there's genius behind most of their decisions. This seems to be the case here. I'd really never thought about it other than why it doesn't do it. Again it makes sense. Thanks.
Old 04-25-2019, 11:03 PM

2007 Mercedes Gl 450
It used to open and close the garage. It just suddenly stopped working. Sometimes when I touch the homelink button it blinks for a second then no light on Homelink buttons.
Originally Posted by crawdad62
That makes sense. I remember a thread on here earlier where someone was asking about something that the MB did or didn't do and someone else commented that the Germans just have a way and it's not always intuitive but once you know why and understand how you'll realize there's genius behind most of their decisions. This seems to be the case here. I'd really never thought about it other than why it doesn't do it. Again it makes sense. Thanks.
Old 04-26-2019, 12:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 256 Likes on 233 Posts
2001 E320 Wagon, 2006 LBZ Silverado, 2007 E63 (sold), 2001 E55 (sold)
Originally Posted by mini11
It used to open and close the garage. It just suddenly stopped working. Sometimes when I touch the homelink button it blinks for a second then no light on Homelink buttons.
Wrong section dumb dumb. Go to the big *** SUV section and not the mid-size sedan one. You also seem to make a lot of statements and haven't asked a question.