Help, Xenon Flickering when car starts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 02:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W211
Help, Xenon Flickering when car starts

Hello Everyone,

I searched around the forum but can't seem to find an answer. Here is the problem.

When the car is off and I turn on the lights they work fine. Xenon's fire up and stay on. As soon as I turn the ignition on and the car starts, lights start flickering. What's wrong? Version Code again?

I upgraded the halogens to Xenon on my 06 E350 last year. I got some flickering when the car was not running and thought it just needed to be version coded for Xenon Present. I went to a shop in Oakland and the guy said it was on. Still had some issues with flickering so I took it to the dealer. Tech took a look and said the ignitors burned out. I took the set off and put stock halogens back. Xenon's sat on the shelf until I found the ignitors on e bay and found some time to work on them again. Over the weekend I put in the new ignitors and reinstalled the xenon's. Thats when I got the issues. As I wrote earlier, when the car is not running, lights come on. All the lights including fogs come on. As soon as I turn the ignition and run the car, flickering starts seconds later. Do I need to have it version coded again? I did run stock halogens for a year.

Please help. If I need version coding again, can anyone recommend a place in the Bay Area that will do it? Called local dealer, they wont do it. Please post or PM me.

Thanks.
Old 01-12-2011, 12:06 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
09' E350 AMG Sport, 09' C300, 03' Honda S2K
Could possibly be a bad ballast or one of the code eliminator which normally caused flickering