E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

2004 E500 4matic tune up

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 10:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 e500
Post 2004 E500 4matic tune up

Hey guys , I got a '04 e500 4matic , and i want to do a tune up , i got about 85,760 miles on her and i want her to kinda feel like new , ive never really done a tune up on her b4, last year i did change my sway bar , control arms & ball joints, so any ideas or insight would be helpful, im in NYC , so depending on how difficult it is i might drop to my mechanic or do it myself , i know im gonna need new spark plugs probably so if any one has info on the best ones to use or a site where i can get good ones cheap thanks in advance
Old 01-21-2011, 10:39 PM

2004 E500 4matic
I just picked up a 2004 E500 4matic with 83k and have been wondering about a few things to do myself. I live near Ray Catena of Union and took her there to flush coolant, oil, and get her checked out. Cup holder is broken, but otherwise mostly okay. I am thinking of getting a lowering controller (Brabus or Renntech makes one), a big brake kit (hard to find something for 4matic, anyone got recommendations?), a nitrous system with an ECU reprogram if I can find anyone to tune an E500 for nitrous, and I wanted to do a car computer but I don't think the COMAND in my car can take video in. If you have any suggestions or find any information, I would like to swap with you. I found that some models with older radiators had the coolant leak into the trans case on the 4matics, and the trans gets killed because of it. I heard the car goes into limp home mode at first, and starts doing it more often until it won't start anymore. Also, did your car come with the dynamic seats? Mine has the dynamic seats with the pulse mode for massages and the seat warmers and coolers. Love the stuff. Also, has the Harman / Kardon speakers and the sound is amazing. Wish I could hook up video in. If anyone knows how to do this or get COMAND to do video OUT so I can replace the screen then please let me know!!! Anyway, if you wanna keep in touch, please PM me. Also, if you wanna ride to owners meets or w/e I'd be down. Let me know!

Cheers,
nottne

Originally Posted by BklynPlayboy
Hey guys , I got a '04 e500 4matic , and i want to do a tune up , i got about 85,760 miles on her and i want her to kinda feel like new , ive never really done a tune up on her b4, last year i did change my sway bar , control arms & ball joints, so any ideas or insight would be helpful, im in NYC , so depending on how difficult it is i might drop to my mechanic or do it myself , i know im gonna need new spark plugs probably so if any one has info on the best ones to use or a site where i can get good ones cheap thanks in advance
Old 01-22-2011, 12:05 PM

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
2004 E500 CLK320
Originally Posted by BklynPlayboy
I think hardly anybody these days use the words like "tune up" on modern cars because there's nothing needs to be tuned, not like in the old days where you had to adjust the timing and fuel/air mixture.
At this mileage, I do recommend doing the following if had not been preformed already: change transmission and differential fluids, brake fluids, and spark plugs. Go to autohausaz.com to buy the OEM spark plugs; cheap, under $6 each. Inspect the air filters and power steering fluid level. The valve gaskets maybe leaking, replace them. Inspect any oil leak on the shocks. When the car reaches 100k mi, you may want to change the coolant.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:52 PM

2004 e500
Originally Posted by SZMB
I think hardly anybody these days use the words like "tune up" on modern cars because there's nothing needs to be tuned, not like in the old days where you had to adjust the timing and fuel/air mixture.
At this mileage, I do recommend doing the following if had not been preformed already: change transmission and differential fluids, brake fluids, and spark plugs. Go to autohausaz.com to buy the OEM spark plugs; cheap, under $6 each. Inspect the air filters and power steering fluid level. The valve gaskets maybe leaking, replace them. Inspect any oil leak on the shocks. When the car reaches 100k mi, you may want to change the coolant.

THNX ALOT FOR THE INFO , i will probably get all of that done early march .....