E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

got back from dealer and relieved

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 01:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E550
got back from dealer and relieved

I brought my 2007 E550 in to the dealership because I noticed a brownish fluid collecting underneath the car. I first noticed the fluid after we got back from a 10 day trip during christmas. If the car would sit for 2 days or more I would notice a leak. I got under the car and noticed drops of oil towards the rear and to the right. Odd place for a leak. Also the car would ever so slightly drift right. So fluid leak and wheel alignment was due.

When I got it the service advisor asked how bad was the drifting and I said not that bad but it does drift. He said it's perfectly normal and it's built into mercedes as a safety feature in case you fall asleep you would go off the road instead into oncoming traffic. He said if I insisted on the adjusting the alignment it might not fix the drift and it might tear up the tires.

Then after an hour he came back and said the leak was taken care of. Wow, that was fast. I said the leak was coming from some plug that would either shrink during cold weather. I guess it's where the tech would insert some rod during maintenance to keep the pistons from cranking during a service. I am just relieved it wasn't some gasket that blew or something worse. I didn't have to pay anything this time, but he did mention the 50k service was due soon and that would cost around $700-800.