E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Cleaning sunroof drains 05 w211 sedan

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2011 | 07:55 PM

E320
Cleaning sunroof drains 05 w211 sedan

Anybody know a way to clean out the sunroof drains?

Thanks,
Jb
Old 02-16-2011 | 08:20 PM

E320
Roof drain update

Originally Posted by jdbski
Anybody know a way to clean out the sunroof drains?

Thanks,
Jb
Ok while waiting for some guidance from the forum folks, I tried to clean the drain tube out using a weed whacker line without success. Definetly a clogged tube drain. So I took off the A pillar cover and found rust on the airbag or seat belt retractor charge the resides inside the A pillar. Unfortunately I cannot see how to access the drain tube from this location so I have decided to let the dealership folks take a look. I will report back on what they find and how they solve it.
Jb
Old 02-17-2011 | 10:42 AM

E320
Bend over news from the dealership

Originally Posted by jdbski
Ok while waiting for some guidance from the forum folks, I tried to clean the drain tube out using a weed whacker line without success. Definetly a clogged tube drain. So I took off the A pillar cover and found rust on the airbag or seat belt retractor charge the resides inside the A pillar. Unfortunately I cannot see how to access the drain tube from this location so I have decided to let the dealership folks take a look. I will report back on what they find and how they solve it.
Jb
Well here is what they had to say. The drains are fine, not blocked which does not jibe with my not being able to push the line down the drain line. But, i will give them the benefit of the doubt on that one. Instead they say it is leaking from the front of the sunroof and that they can fix it by taking the headliner down and applying some butile tape to the sunroof cassette for a measly $850 or so.

Has anyone else had this problem and what did you do about it? Is there a diy way to take this part of the sunroof apart to fix?

IDEA'S?

thanks,
jb