Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'97 C 280, '06 ML350
peep this...express service...

http://www.germancarfans.com/news.cf...501.001&Page=1
Old 05-09-2003, 03:27 PM

2003 s500 sport
Angry

MBUSA and US Dealers ARE YOU READING THIS???!!!!!

Back to reality.
My opinion is that this will never fly here. First of if you never even get to speak to the actual technician but to a Service Rep who knows squat.

Atleast they should get rid of all of those Service Reps and have Technicians handle your car from the begining to the end. Sort off like a doctors visit. Come see you mercedes doctor, he will fix it and come out happy.
Old 05-09-2003, 06:50 PM

SL500
I do believe Santa Monica BMW offers a quick service, whether they continue to do so or if it is successful I am unaware. I do agree you never have any interaction with the technicians but speaking with a shop foreman is fairly commonplace.
Old 05-09-2003, 07:05 PM

'03 Mercedes E320
I must be fortunate, but when I've taken my previous MB's in, with an appointment for routine service, I'm out in about 30 minutes, 45-60 if they are rotating/balancing/align tires as well. The new car has not been serviced as yet.

When I've had a specific question about what is to be done or what was done, the service advisor calls the tech and he comes to the reception area to see me. If I want him to hear/see/feel something, the tech takes a ride with me. I've even been back on the mechanic's line once when they wanted a clarification of whether they had resolved the problem I brought it in for. It's always been like this, starting in 1997 when I returned to buying MB's--a '98 E, so I never thought it unusual for MB.

I live 100 miles from the dealer, so their consideration of my time is much appreciated. But for people in the general area of the dealership, they offer valet service and a man comes and picks up the car, returns it later in the day. No charge, available on all MB service. Obviously, it's easy to give this dealer high marks on surveys.
Old 05-09-2003, 07:16 PM

2003 s500 sport
You are indeed lucky.
How would you feel when you call in for the service second time for a repair that was done a few months back and the problem reoccured, the Service manager is different you order a loaner ahead of time but when I got there the smart as$ service advisor lady tells me "I don't have you down for a loaner in the computer" like it's my fault and I did buy a car at their dealership?! I told her so what was I supposed to come here and put it in myself? and later tries to tell me that most likely this repair will cost me because she does not think that the Starmark warranty will cover this even though it did the last time I came for exact the same problem. Eperience like this leaves a scar!!! And this was probably not too bad. Many people had probably worst experiences.
The repair was covered at the end.
I decided that if I ever buy another MB I will first bring the old MB in for a service to a new dealer and see how they treat customers.

Alittle venting will not hurt anyone