E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

ipod/iphone playback question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 09:04 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GT3, GTR, 570S
ipod/iphone playback question

09 e550 with factory ipod kit. i have a iphone 3gs. the problem is it wont charge the iphone. what do i need to update the cable to charge the phone while using the existing cable?
also, on my porsche, i am able to playback anything (not just ipod music) from the phone, such as pandora or streaming music from another app. on the mercedes, it seems as if the only thing it will play is the music from the ipod library. any way to change that? if i start the pandora app, it plays for about 2 seconds and then automatically restarts the ipod. tia
Old 03-21-2011, 11:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 139 Likes on 94 Posts
W221 S600, W220 S55 AMG Kompressor, W124 300E, W140 S320, W210 E3204M W164 ML320 Bluetec
Originally Posted by DrDrilZ
09 e550 with factory ipod kit. i have a iphone 3gs. the problem is it wont charge the iphone. what do i need to update the cable to charge the phone while using the existing cable?
also, on my porsche, i am able to playback anything (not just ipod music) from the phone, such as pandora or streaming music from another app. on the mercedes, it seems as if the only thing it will play is the music from the ipod library. any way to change that? if i start the pandora app, it plays for about 2 seconds and then automatically restarts the ipod. tia
Do you have the MMI in your vehicle, or only the AUX with the iPod music being displayed in the speedometer?
Old 03-22-2011, 12:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E350
Originally Posted by DrDrilZ

I just bought a Scoshe Passport from the Apple Store which is a "go between" on the MB cable and the iPhone. MB sells a factory part for more money. The Apple Store price was $20. Supposed to allow the newer iPhones and iPods charge when plugged into the factory iPod connection.

I don't know the answer yet on the rest of your question as I just ordered the part.

Vince