E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

04 Diesel: when arrive? Not sell where?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-14-2003, 05:21 PM
Kel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 Diesel: when arrive? Not sell where?

When are the new diesels to arrive to US? When can you order for European Delivery for pick up in Germany? Is California the only state which will not allow to register it ?
Old 05-14-2003, 08:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sl and M-class E320 4Matic SLK350
Mid 2004 as 2005 model

Best info so far is that the diesel will come mid 2004 as a 2005 model. European Delivery remains unconfirmed until such time as a build date can be assigned. Accordingly if first diesels show up in June with build dates of April then 60 days before that would suggest February 2004 as earliest date to confirm European Delivery of a diesel E built to US specs. Until then you might be able to get a priority committment from your dealer that once (and IF) European Delivery for the diesel E opens up you will be first in line for the dealership. Then too, on new models European Delivery is sometimes delayed until the inititial dealer demand can be met so you might actually get one sooner by foregoing European Delivery. If time is of the essence you may want to go both routes and take whichever comes first.
Old 05-14-2003, 10:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
my guess is that it will be a 45 state car. which means CA, NY, NJ, CONN, & MASS are out.
Old 05-17-2003, 08:39 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 R230
Thumbs up

I recently spoke with two local dealers who are both accepting deposits on this car which is expected to be available this fall as a 2004 model. It will be a 45 state car as the extra emisssion controls required by CA, NY, MA, VT, and ME, are poisoned by the high sulphur content of most U.S. diesel fuel. Low sulphur diesel fuel will be phased in beginning in 2006. Unfortunately both dealers had no info as to pricing or equipment levels. I am extremely eager to learn more about this model and would appreciate any input members can provide. There is an interesting article in this month's Star magazine about an E320 CDI that was driven from LA to Montvale, NJ.