E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Audio 50 removal instructions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 03:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E320
Audio 50 removal instructions

Hello everybody i purchased a euro command model 7039 to replace my Audio 50 with cassette in my 2003 e320. Can someone post a step by step instruction on how to remove the audio 50 and put the command in. I want to do it myself. Also how can I connect my iPod to the command. What else do I have to buy?

Thanks
Old 04-02-2011, 06:26 PM
Banned

Received 116 Likes on 99 Posts
iPod integration kit you need if you want to control the iPod with your steering wheel button.

Shifter in D, Pull the shifter cover plate up with your fingers where the ash tray is. Pull it over the knob and turn it so you have more space. Pull the ashtray out and leave it hang at the 12V socket cable or unplug if you're clumsy and think you will rip the cord. Unplug power and MOST fiber optic cable from the CD changer, unscrew the 2 screws that hold it in place and pull the whole CD changer out. There are 2 vertical screws on both corners under the radio which hold it in place. Take them out, pull the radio out, unplug the cables and put the COMAND back in.

About the iPod kit, let me tell you: this is not done in 10 minutes. That is rather done in 4+ hours and I did a few iPod integration retrofits. You have to take the left hand side trunk panel out, the floor panel out, the rear seat out, B-pilar cover out, the cover under the glove compartment, the cable channel has to be opened... good luck.
Old 04-02-2011, 11:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E320
Originally Posted by Mackhack
iPod integration kit you need if you want to control the iPod with your steering wheel button.

Shifter in D, Pull the shifter cover plate up with your fingers where the ash tray is. Pull it over the knob and turn it so you have more space. Pull the ashtray out and leave it hang at the 12V socket cable or unplug if you're clumsy and think you will rip the cord. Unplug power and MOST fiber optic cable from the CD changer, unscrew the 2 screws that hold it in place and pull the whole CD changer out. There are 2 vertical screws on both corners under the radio which hold it in place. Take them out, pull the radio out, unplug the cables and put the COMAND back in.

About the iPod kit, let me tell you: this is not done in 10 minutes. That is rather done in 4+ hours and I did a few iPod integration retrofits. You have to take the left hand side trunk panel out, the floor panel out, the rear seat out, B-pilar cover out, the cover under the glove compartment, the cable channel has to be opened... good luck.
Thanks for the instructions. I don't want to install the whole iPod kit and don't really care about controlling the ipod from the steering wheel. I just want to connect the ipod to the command through a cable so i can play some music. I don't have a ipod connector in the glovebox since my car didn't come with the command. Where do I get this ipod connector and how to install it? Does anyone know the part number?
Old 04-02-2011, 11:46 PM
Banned

Received 116 Likes on 99 Posts
I could sell you one of the many 3.5mm socket with the aux connector on the other side of the cable that goes into the glove box I have from all the retrofits