E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Glow plug ordering help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2011, 12:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 e320 cdi
Glow plug ordering help

So I need to replaced a failed glow plug and was just about to order 6 new Bosch plugs online and ran into a previous post. From what I gathered, the stock/OEM Bosch 11.5V glow plugs are incorrect for use in the US. The recommended replacement is the BERU 5V glow plug...however, both sets are marked with the same part number 0011595101.

So...can anyone guide me into where you are able to order the proper BERU 5v glow plugs instead of the Bosch/BERU 11.5v glow plugs?!?!?!

Thanks

Old 04-10-2011, 08:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E320CDI
Originally Posted by gazzychaz
So I need to replaced a failed glow plug and was just about to order 6 new Bosch plugs online and ran into a previous post. From what I gathered, the stock/OEM Bosch 11.5V glow plugs are incorrect for use in the US. The recommended replacement is the BERU 5V glow plug...however, both sets are marked with the same part number 0011595101.

So...can anyone guide me into where you are able to order the proper BERU 5v glow plugs instead of the Bosch/BERU 11.5v glow plugs?!?!?!

Thanks

Order Genuine MB parts from a online MB Dealer. There are a number online and their prices are about the same as the Bosch plugs sold by other vendors.

If you order from the MB dealer you are assured of getting the right plug.
Old 04-10-2011, 11:20 AM

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
2006 E320 CDI
Originally Posted by edwinwalke
If you order from the MB dealer you are assured of getting the right plug.
WRONG!!! When my indie first replaced my glow plugs, he goes directly to the Mercedes dealer to purchase parts. Well, I had the wrong plugs for about six months. When I noticed that my cdi was not starting like it should, and my invoice had Bosch listed for replacement parts, I had my indie pull the plugs and install the correct ones. The Mercedes parts department has both plugs under the same part number. If I were you, I would call whoever you are ordering the glow plugs from and have them pull the glow plug and make sure it is a Beru, and that it has 5V stamped on it. I recently heard that Bosch may have a 7V plug that may work in our cdi's, but again, stay with the Berus.
Mike T.
Old 04-10-2011, 11:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E320CDI
Originally Posted by mtrevelino
WRONG!!! When my indie first replaced my glow plugs, he goes directly to the Mercedes dealer to purchase parts. Well, I had the wrong plugs for about six months. When I noticed that my cdi was not starting like it should, and my invoice had Bosch listed for replacement parts, I had my indie pull the plugs and install the correct ones. The Mercedes parts department has both plugs under the same part number. If I were you, I would call whoever you are ordering the glow plugs from and have them pull the glow plug and make sure it is a Beru, and that it has 5V stamped on it. I recently heard that Bosch may have a 7V plug that may work in our cdi's, but again, stay with the Berus.
Mike T.
If you give them the VIN you will get the right plugs. Maybe you indie ordered the wrong plugs and do you know he went to dealer?
Old 04-10-2011, 11:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 e320 cdi
Originally Posted by mtrevelino
Mike T.
That's the main reason for my post as the voltages are one or the other and I am trying to locate an online dealer/seller that has the 5V berus available without having to go back and forth with the dealer or end up with several of both types. I have also heard of the 7v bosch's but is the part number also the same (making it three with the same part number) and has anyone found/used them. Thanks for your post, it's not your indie thats at fault, it's mercedes to begin with.